5 Assisted Living Facilities near Griffin, GA
Also serving communities of Zebulon, Barnesville.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Griffin area, with 4 in Griffin and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Griffin is $1,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Griffin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Griffin 2.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hampton with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Griffin, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Griffin, GA
1 Assisted Living Facility near Griffin, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Griffin
Part of the Atlanta metropolitan area, Griffin, Ga. is home to over 22,000 people — almost 13 percent seniors age 65 and over. When these residents are ready to live in a community of peers and receive help with activities of daily living, such as grooming and housekeeping, there are 25 licensed personal care homes, with 5 in Griffin itself and 20 more in nearby towns like Hampton. In Georgia, assisted living residences are known as "personal care homes" and are regulated by The Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Griffin
- Griffin is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area, which can have highs in the 90s from May to September. The average high temperature during July is 89 degrees, with nighttime temperatures averaging 71 degrees. The average low temperature during January is 34 degrees, with an average high of 52 degrees.
- The cost of living in Griffin is 7 percent lower than the national average in the United States. The lowest expenses are housing and utilities, which are 23 and 18 percent below the national average respectively. The highest expenses are health care and groceries, which are 5 and 2 percent above the national average respectively.
- Griffin has a high crime rate, and is only safer than two percent of the cities in the United States. The annual rate of violent crime in Griffin is 10.29 per thousand people, compared to an annual rate of 3.98 violent crimes per thousand people in Georgia.
- The Three Rivers Regional Commission provides public transportation for Spalding County and surrounding areas. Rides are $2 per stop, with service Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. Trips must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- The Griffin Area Arts Alliance is an umbrella organization for art and culture in Griffin. It was instrumental in restoring the Griffin auditorium, which is the site for a number of events throughout the year. Popular events include the Griffin Community Concert Association’s concert series and Griffin Ballet Theatre productions. The Kiwanis Spalding County Fair and 4th of July parade are also held annually in Griffin.
- The Griffin area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Spalding Regional Hospital, WellStar Spalding Regional Hospital and Spalding Regional Medical Center. Georgia Cancer Specialists is also located in Griffin, which is affiliated with the Northside Hospital Cancer Institute.
Paying for Assisted Living in Griffin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Griffin start around $1,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Griffin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Griffin
Medicaid covers the costs of living in a nursing home in Georgia, in addition to limited assistance for personal care. Medicaid waivers are also available for providing elderly care assistance, although they have a limited enrollment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Griffin
Griffin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Griffin, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Griffin
Griffin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Griffin, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Griffin
Review of The Woods Assisted Senior Living
The Woods Assisted Senior Living was a very small facility. It's nice, but the only thing available was memory care, and we're not at that point yet. The rooms were small and there was nothing avai... Read more
Review of Renaissance Center
Renaissance Center is absolutely horrible. The only reason it got 1 star is because this website requires me to rate, otherwise it would have gotten none! My grandma came to to this facility for re... Read more
Review of Renaissance Center
This facility, which is assisted living without dedicated memory care, is operated by Sunbridge, which is a chain. It is clean and nice and free of smells inside, but located close to the county ai... Read more