Located in the northern part of Henry County, Stockbridge is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area and only 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta. It’s home to nearly 30,000 people, including approximately 2,930 seniors aged 65 or older. Seniors enjoy the many outdoor attractions found in Stockbridge, including Panola Mountain State Park, where it’s easy to appreciate the region’s natural appeal. Avid golfers like hitting the links at Rum Creek Golf, and there are plenty of shopping and dining opportunities. What many like best is its small-town hospitality and excellent public services.

Assisted living is for seniors who don’t require around-the-clock nursing care but do need some assistance with daily activities. For personalized supportive care in a residential setting and continued independence, assisted is often the answer. The average cost of assisted living in Stockbridge is $4,000 per month, which is lower than the national average but higher than the state average.

This guide covers assisted living in Stockbridge, including some comparisons of assisted living costs in other Georgia cities and compared to alternate senior care options. It also lists some benefits and drawbacks of retiring to Stockbridge and free senior resources.

Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Stockbridge, GA

Benton Village of Stockbridge

201 Evergreen Terrace, Stockbridge, GA, 30281

What I like best about Benton Village of Stockbridge is its location. What I like least is that there are floors, so you might end up having to take a unit on a floor where you’d have to take an eleva … (read more)

Oaks at Stockbridge

475 Country Club Dr., Stockbridge, GA, 30281

Our aunt will be moving to Oaks at Stockbridge. I like it because it was clean. I got a chance to meet many of the staff, including the chef (which is a big plus). Miss Parham was warm and friendly. I … (read more)

Oaks at Eagles Landing

2700 Patrick Henry Blvd, Stockbridge, GA, 30281

2013

Golden Crest at Eagle’s Landing

425 Country Club Drive, Stockbridge, GA, 30281

GoldenCrest at Eagle’s Landing was nice and clean. The lady that was giving the tour was very pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful. She answered all our questions and I got all the information I neede … (read more)

Stockbridge Personal Care Home

170 Shields Road, Stockbridge, GA, 30281

I visited this facility as a prospective place for my elderly in-laws. They are beginning to become more dependant on the assistance of others and my wife and I began to search locally for an assisted … (read more)

Lovely Care Assisted Living

931 Rock Quarry Road, Stockbridge, GA, 30281

My dad is at Lovely Care Assisted Living. It is very clean. The staff is caring and does a great job. I don’t know that much about activities because my dad won’t participate in them, but I know they … (read more)

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

The Palms of Lake Spivey

8080 Summit Business Parkway, Jonesboro, GA, 30236

Our Dad is in the Assisted living side and all the nurses are nice and attentive to him. His apartment is bright and airy. The staff is professional and personable.

Cadence at Mt. Zion

7493 Mount Zion Boulevard, Jonesboro, GA, 30236

I toured Cadence at Mt. Zion for my father. It was a very nice facility and very clean, too. The personnel was very, very nice and professional. I liked it. The rooms were nice. I was surprised that … (read more)

The Gardenias

75 Dutchtown Road, Hampton, GA, 30228

We went to the Gardenias yesterday. We toured the whole building. The staff was very friendly, informative, and the place was very clean. I liked the layout of it. They seemed to be very caring as far … (read more)

Jonesboro Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

2650 Highway 138, Jonesboro, GA, 30236

My father is in Jonesboro because they have a rehab facility, and he has just transitioned to the assisted living. Everything is fine. I like the room setting which is like a studio apartment. I sit a … (read more)

Precious Touch Personal Care Home

6631 Chason Woods Court, Jonesboro, GA, 30238

I didn’t have any qualms about Precious Touch initially, but my mother began falling, and they only told me a couple of times. They’re strictly assisted living, and there was no proactive intervention … (read more)

What to Consider About Assisted Living in Stockbridge

The Georgia Department of Community Health’s Healthcare Facility Regulation oversees assisted living facilities in Stockbridge and throughout the state. HFR monitors, inspects and licenses assisted living facilities and personal care homes. It also investigates any complaints that are brought against these senior care facilities.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Stockbridge

• Georgia is tax-friendly towards retirees, so seniors in Stockbridge benefit from the Peach State’s low-tax climate. The state exempts Social Security income and Railroad Retirement benefits from taxes. For seniors aged 65 or older, it also exempts most types of retirement income up to $65,000 for individuals or $130,000 for couples, including pensions, annuities and dividends, among others.
  • The overall cost of living in Stockbridge is 4% less than the national average. While groceries are about 5% lower and health care costs are more than 6% lower, the biggest difference is housing costs. Housing in Stockbridge is about 29% lower than the national average and 9.5% lower than the state average.
  • Seniors in Stockbridge also save money on sales taxes. Georgia’s sales tax rate is 4%, and the statewide combined state and local sales tax rate is 7.33%. However, the sales tax rate is 3% in Henry County and 0% in Stockbridge for a lower combined rate of 7%. Groceries, motor vehicles and prescription drugs are all exempt from state taxes.
  • Stockbridge receives an average of 49 inches of rain annually, which is higher than the national average of 38. However, it only receives about two inches of snowfall each year, which is usually in January and well below the national average of 28. Winters tend to be short and the weather is cold, but the average January low is 32 degrees. The average high in July is around 90 degrees, which is on par with Georgia’s statewide average but slightly higher than the average of the Atlanta metro overall.
  • Stockbridge has a local hospital, but residents are also only about 15 miles from some of the state’s top-ranked medical facilities. The Piedmont Henry Hospital in Stockbridge is a general medical and surgical facility with a medical surgical ICU and on-site emergency department. It was rated high performing for the treatment of heart failure, kidney failure, stroke and COPD.

Paying for Assisted Living in Stockbridge

Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey lists an average monthly cost of $4,000 per month for assisted living in Stockbridge. This is higher than the monthly statewide average by $500, but it’s still lower than the national average by $300.

The Cost of Assisted Living in Nearby Cities

Stockbridge’s proximity to Atlanta likely boosts its average cost of assisted living, which is higher than many other Georgia cities. Compared to Rome, assisted living is $912 higher in Stockbridge. It’s also higher than Athens by $634 and Dalton by $412. However, Stockbridge’s average cost of assisted living is lower than Gainesville’s by $263.

$4000

Dalton

$4263

Gainesville

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Seniors often need varying levels of care, so assisted living may be only one option they explore. For those needing less assistance, adult day health care is the lowest cost option at an average of $1,300 per month. Seniors wishing to remain in their own homes may opt for homemaker services with an average monthly cost of $4,147 or home health aides at $4,195. If a senior requires more extensive care, a nursing home facility may become necessary. These facilities have the highest expense at an average monthly cost of $6,950 for semiprivate rooms and $7,559 for private rooms.

$4147

Adult Day Health Care

$4000

Assisted Living Facility

$6950

Nursing Home Facility (semiprivate room)

$7559

Nursing Home Facility (private room)

Note: Data for Stockbridge was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Atlanta, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Stockbridge

Seniors living in the Stockbridge area can apply for funding from one of two Medicare Programs: to help cover various expenses: Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) and the Community Care Service Program (CCSP). However, these are only available to qualifying individuals, and they must need certain levels of care.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Stockbridge

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Stockbridge

Seniors in Stockbridge seeking aging-related assistance will find several free resources that provide services specifically for older residents. Many of these services are provided at the county level, with offices in Stockbridge or nearby communities.

Resource

Contact

Services

Henry County Senior Services

Henry County Senior Services strives to enhance the quality of life for all seniors within the county, including Stockbridge. It provides activities, programs and services to invigorate the body, mind and spirit. Senior Services administers the region’s Council on Aging and the area’s senior centers. Services are free to Henry County residents aged 60 or older, and senior centers are open to those aged 55 or older.

Henry County Council on Aging

The Henry County Council on Aging is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization consisting of volunteers. Its primary objective is to support programs that assist the county’s senior citizens, including nutrition supplements, Meals on Wheels, in-home services, volunteer activities, day trips and senior centers.

Hidden Valley Senior Center

The Hidden Valley Senior Center is a multipurpose community center for seniors in Stockbridge aged 55 and older. It offers a range of activities, health and wellness opportunities, classes and educational programs. The senior center also provides numerous opportunities to socialize with other aging adults with similar interests. It’s open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. There’s no fee to attend, but some classes and activities may have a cost share.

Meals on Wheels

The Henry County Meals on Wheels program provides hot, nutritious meals to seniors throughout the county. Staff or volunteers deliver meals mid-day to older adults who are temporarily or permanently homebound and aren’t capable of shopping and cooking for themselves.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Stockbridge

Stockbridge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Stockbridge