49 Assisted Living Facilities near Riverdale, GA
Also serving communities of Hapeville.
There are 49 Assisted Living Facilities in the Riverdale area, with 7 in Riverdale and 42 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Riverdale is $2,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Jonesboro with an average starting cost of $1,950.
To help you with your search, browse the 227 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Riverdale. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Riverdale 3.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Jonesboro with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Riverdale, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Riverdale, GA
42 Assisted Living Facilities near Riverdale, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Riverdale
Riverdale, Ga. is located in the "Southern Crescent" of Clayton County and has a senior population of about 10 percent. Aging residents in need of help with daily tasks can choose from seven assisted living facilities in Riverdale and 56 facilities located in close proximity to town. Assisted living facilities are licensed and regulated by Healthcare Facility Regulation, a division of the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Riverdale
- Riverdale features a cost of living index that is 7 percent lower than Georgia and 13 percent lower than the national average.
- Riverdale has earned a positive reputation for its wide array of amenities. This city features multiple shopping centers, grocery stores, coffee shops and restaurants. Riverdale is home to three parks, a popular public library and several highly respected medical centers like Southern Regional Medical Center.
- Seniors will have access to multiple forms of transportation in Riverdale. There is local public transportation such as MARTA. There is also an Amtrak train station and airport located within 30 miles of town. Taxi and Uber service is also available. Some assisted living communities feature transportation services for residents as well.
- Seniors may be pleased to note that Riverdale is served by the Frank Bailey Senior Center and the J. Charley Griswell Senior Center, both of which feature programming exclusively for area seniors.
- Riverdale exceeds the average crime rate for the state as well as the national average. On average, the national rate of crime for similarly populated areas is 2,837 per 100,000 people; for Riverdale, that statistic balloons to 5,743.
- Riverdale features hot, steamy summers. Some seniors, particularly those with respiratory problems, may find summers difficult. Winters, though, tend to be mild with temperatures seldom dropping below 50 degrees.
Paying for Assisted Living in Riverdale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Riverdale start around $2,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Riverdale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Riverdale
In Georgia, eligible seniors can rely on help from Medicaid to pay for assisted living via two types of Medicaid waivers: the Community Care Service Program (CCSP) and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) program. The state also features the ICWP, another type of waiver program that helps eligible seniors with disabilities pay for institutional care, such as an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Riverdale
Riverdale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Riverdale, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Riverdale
Riverdale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Riverdale
Review of Hands that Care @ Park Ridge
I really didn't care for Hands that Care. It didn't look that nice inside, and everything looked really old, but the price was the same as the others. The interior didn't look like a place you woul... Read more
Review of New Way Care Home
New Way Care Homes provides 24/7 care. They feed my mom, keep her clean, and go on trips together. We chose them budget-wise, and it wasn't very far from home. The caregivers are nice. It's a famil... Read more
Review of South Haven Personal Care Home
The rooms are nice and adequate at South Haven. I have not eaten there, but my mom says she likes the food. They do have activities like church services, and they also have bingo. Read more