Somerby of Peachtree City

Reviews of Somerby of Peachtree City

Assisted Living Reviews for Somerby of Peachtree City

August 05, 2015

By Joyofliving

My mother was at Somerby in Peachtree City for a year and a half. It is a beautiful facility with the potential to be a wonderful assisted living facility. My mother was cared for well but the lack of communication from the facility and the difficulty communicating with people in charge there was a huge issue. We had to BEG for care plan meetings to discuss my mothers care and even after meeting, nothing changed. It is impossible to call someone to speak to about any problems. For the amount of money spent on care at Somerby, I would expect top notch service and response to emails and/or phone calls. Emails and phone calls go unanswered and follow-up is slow to non-existent.

January 13, 2015

By Carol98767650

The Somerby of Peachtree City is excellent, but they do not have any vacancies. They are building a second facility, but it will not be ready for two years. The room I saw was tiny with a twin bed, a bathroom, and a little counter area. It was the only one they have available to show me. It has a gym, a beauty shop, and everything you would need. It is pretty inclusive. They serve three meals a day, and the dessert was very good. The cleanliness, the staff, and the overall management of the place really impressed me.

November 20, 2014

By Steven13

I think we are going to go to Peachtree City. Somerby is a new facility. We saw that it was being built, so we sat in. The staff seemed to be very nice and very professional, so it was a good experience. The rooms were all brand new. My mother-in-law would have been the first resident in that room. They got a little kitchenette that they locked in. It’s a really good sized bathroom with of course guard rails and everything to help get up after the toilet. They have a little refrigerator, and they had an OK size but it was a single room. The food was great, all the tables have linen on it, all the silverwares, plates, they have real cloth napkins, and it was like a fine dining experience; it was pretty good. They have a gym, a movie theatre, a recreational type room, puzzles, trivia, live entertainment, and a hair salon,

October 05, 2014

We looked at Somerby of Peachtree City. They had apartments -- which were nice -- and we could pick our furniture. We could have the meals. Their dining room was adequate, nice, clean, and arranged well. It looked like a decent restaurant. However, most of the people there had health issues, and they needed some kind of assistance. We don't need that yet. They were excellent though.

June 07, 2014

By jdafamily

My aunt lives in Somerby currently and could not stop talking about how nice everything and everyone is. I stopped for a visit over this past holiday and was pleasantly surprised by how great it really was. My aunt looked healthier than when I had recently seen her. She was involved in the bus outings, the games, and exercising each morning with her friends. I had lunch with her and the food tasted great. The whole staff was pleasant, caring, and inviting the during the time of my visit. They knew how to make her smile and she was just as playful with them. I have never had such a positive visit in any other place and can't wait to hear from her again about the upcoming fishing outing she was going to try.

Independent Living Reviews for Somerby of Peachtree City

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat
  • Vegetarian

• About Somerby of Peachtree City

It's The Somerby Spark that does it.

When it comes to your loved ones, you want the best for them. And, they also want the best for you. That's why we're excited to introduce Somerby of Peachtree City -- a senior living community designed to meet your family's needs and help you achieve all your goals for the future.

Here, you and your loved ones will be encouraged to reach out and grab more of life, enjoying more treasured moments together, with utmost peace of mind. How? We call it The Somerby Spark. It's an attitude, an outlook, a commitment to providing a new standard of quality assisted living and memory care services.

What Makes Us Different

Distinctively located

Nestled on 17 acres of beautiful woodlands within close proximity to everything you love, Somerby blends peace and tranquility with the ultimate comforts and conveniences.

Uniquely designed

An innovative community designed with the latest advances in assisted living and memory care services, Somerby is built for aging gracefully in the rich tradition of Peachtree City.

Masterpiece Living

Based on findings from a I 0-year study by the MacArthur Foundation in conjunction with the Mayo Clinic, this study revealed that our lifestyle choices determine 70% of how we age. Somerby is the only community in Fayette County offering this groundbreaking approach to wellness focused on opportunities for physical, intellectual, social and spiritual engagement.

Center for Successful Aging

Led by experts in preventative medicine and geriatric care, Somerby of Peachtree City is the very first center of its kind dedicated to implementing and advancing the ideals and principles of successful aging.

Best Friends Approach to Alzheimer's care

A friend is someone who knows everything about us, including what we were like when we were younger and what has brought us to where we are today. At Somerby, memory care is based on this nationally recognized program that encourages relationships respecting one's identity, history and personal preferences and ensures that your loved one feels safe, secure and valued.

Purposeful programming

Everything we do at Somerby has a purpose: to help you and your loved ones make the most meaningful and fulfilling lives possible. From shopping trips and museum visits to educational classes and a full calendar of activities on site, there's always something to do in the community and warm, friendly people to share these experiences with.

Dedicated leadership

Somerby of Peachtree City is owned and managed by Somerby Senior Living, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dominion Partners, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. The principals of Dominion Partners have been actively involved in owning and developing senior living communities for more than 20 years, consistently providing quality retirement living throughout the Southeast.

With a mission to inspire and nurture successful aging each and every day, we provide a safe, private and comfortable environment for residents to reach their fullest potential while they keep control of their future.

Specifically, we offer private assisted living and memory care residences, and respite accommodations all on site, a no entry-fee approach, all-inclusive pricing and an on-site wellness clinic - plus, true maintenance-free living surrounded by resort-style services and amenities, and a wide variety of activities to keep you engaged and healthy.

With assisted living at Somerby, residents and their families can be assured our staff of caring professionals -- including a licensed nurse on duty 24 hours a day/7 days a week -- is always available to assist with daily tasks in a safe, secure environment and our chef-prepared meals reviewed by a registered dietician and innovative programming for true peace of mind.

Memory care at Somerby offers those facing the challenges of memory loss the opportunity to be engaged in the world around them. With an encouraging, secure environment and a high staff-to-resident ratio for more hands-on care and attention, our approach helps reduce confusion and allows for maximum support each day.

Map of Somerby of Peachtree City