Somerby of Peachtree City

Reviews of Somerby of Peachtree City

Assisted Living Reviews for Somerby of Peachtree City

October 21, 2020

By Alicia

He is in assisted living in Somerby of Peachtree City, because he was in independent living before. We haven't been too happy about the staff in assisted living. As for the food, we don't know because they don't let us in there because of COVID. I'm going to assume it's the same as Independent living. It's greatly improved. Just recently residents were getting really upset about it, and they even staged a protest. Because of that, my mother-in-law says it has gotten a lot better. The dining area is pretty spacious. It reminds me of a food court in an airport because of the kitchen and stuff. They kind of have like a bar with a juice bar kind of thing. I think a lot of times the helpers are bringing them stuff. People kind of sit in the food court, if you will, and people bring them their trays if they want to eat there, or they can eat in their room. My in-laws were living together in independent living and then he had an issue with his back, so he can't walk right now. My mother-in-law doesn't want to move into assisted so we're trying to figure out how to get him back in the independent for a while. The facility itself is fine. Our main issue is the people. They hired a lot of new people and we're pretty upset with them. My mother-in-law's processing complaints and they are trying to do better.

December 20, 2018

By Patti

We visited Somerby of Peachtree City and we really liked it. It was very nice, and the people were friendly and everything. They have a lot of activities, and most of the people we met there were really friendly. They just make you feel welcome and everybody seemed happy. They have a fitness room, and my mother-in-law likes the big meeting room where they have games that you can play and all that. She likes it because she would be able to go and get a cookie or whatnot, and that made her feel really good that she could get a snack whenever she wanted. They only had one room which was a studio. It wasn't bad and could have worked, but she wanted something bigger. The place itself was really clean.

April 25, 2018

By Walker

Somerby of Peachtree City seemed to be very nice and very clean, and everyone was very cordial. They seemed to have all the amenities I was looking for. It's close to shopping and things like that, and it's easy to get in and out of. The location was good. They have basic apartments that are adequate for what our needs are going to be in the future.

August 06, 2017

By tourn1964

Management extremely poor at this facility - left numerous messages for executive director; no return calls. She doesn't have a clue what she is doing or what is going on within the facility. Many members of the management team that did care and followed up have left due to poor communication and management from the top. For these reasons I rate this place a 1 out of 10. Dining is very good, and health care is good.

We would like to apologize for your negative experience at our community. We are normally known for our exceptional service and we regret we missed the mark. Our number one priority is the well-being of our residents, families and associates. We would like to learn more about your specific situation and make things right. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact David Grady, President and COO, at 205-776-6000 or email at dgrady@somerbyliving.com. We would greatly appreciate speaking with you to address your complaints.

February 10, 2017

By Arlene131535

Somerby of Peachtree City was new. The lady who I talked to was very friendly and showed me around the place. It was just gorgeous and close to everything. The dining area looked like a beautiful hotel. They had white tablecloths on everything.

Somerby Peachtree City would like to thank you for your kind words. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit here at Somerby. We would like to invite you and your loved one back to experience our 5 Star dining. We take pride in providing the best customer service and serving our residents and families.

November 30, 2015

By Mr Ed

I’m on a waiting list at Somerby Peachtree. They have assisted living but they do also have independent living available and a little bit cheaper rate, so that’s what we’re trying to decide. It seems to be very nice but small. They have all the facilities, like exercise rooms. They serve 3 meals a day. It’s very modern and up-to-date.

November 06, 2015

By Jackiem29

Communication with management is difficult. They do not follow up on concerns and complaints. They do not have adequate staff.

August 05, 2015

By Joyofliving

My mother was at Somerby in Peachtree City for a year and a half. It is a beautiful facility with the potential to be a wonderful assisted living facility. My mother was cared for well but the lack of communication from the facility and the difficulty communicating with people in charge there was a huge issue. We had to BEG for care plan meetings to discuss my mothers care and even after meeting, nothing changed. It is impossible to call someone to speak to about any problems. For the amount of money spent on care at Somerby, I would expect top notch service and response to emails and/or phone calls. Emails and phone calls go unanswered and follow-up is slow to non-existent.

January 13, 2015

By Carol98767650

The Somerby of Peachtree City is excellent, but they do not have any vacancies. They are building a second facility, but it will not be ready for two years. The room I saw was tiny with a twin bed, a bathroom, and a little counter area. It was the only one they have available to show me. It has a gym, a beauty shop, and everything you would need. It is pretty inclusive. They serve three meals a day, and the dessert was very good. The cleanliness, the staff, and the overall management of the place really impressed me.

November 20, 2014

By Steven13

I think we are going to go to Peachtree City. Somerby is a new facility. We saw that it was being built, so we sat in. The staff seemed to be very nice and very professional, so it was a good experience. The rooms were all brand new. My mother-in-law would have been the first resident in that room. They got a little kitchenette that they locked in. It’s a really good sized bathroom with of course guard rails and everything to help get up after the toilet. They have a little refrigerator, and they had an OK size but it was a single room. The food was great, all the tables have linen on it, all the silverwares, plates, they have real cloth napkins, and it was like a fine dining experience; it was pretty good. They have a gym, a movie theatre, a recreational type room, puzzles, trivia, live entertainment, and a hair salon,

October 05, 2014

We looked at Somerby of Peachtree City. They had apartments -- which were nice -- and we could pick our furniture. We could have the meals. Their dining room was adequate, nice, clean, and arranged well. It looked like a decent restaurant. However, most of the people there had health issues, and they needed some kind of assistance. We don't need that yet. They were excellent though.

June 07, 2014

By jdafamily

My aunt lives in Somerby currently and could not stop talking about how nice everything and everyone is. I stopped for a visit over this past holiday and was pleasantly surprised by how great it really was. My aunt looked healthier than when I had recently seen her. She was involved in the bus outings, the games, and exercising each morning with her friends. I had lunch with her and the food tasted great. The whole staff was pleasant, caring, and inviting the during the time of my visit. They knew how to make her smile and she was just as playful with them. I have never had such a positive visit in any other place and can't wait to hear from her again about the upcoming fishing outing she was going to try.

Independent Living Reviews for Somerby of Peachtree City

May 18, 2021

By Ashley BR

Somerby has been a godsend for our family. My parents LOVE living there. The food is delicious, the entire staff is kind and helpful, and there are tons of activities and opportunities for mental/physical/spiritual stimulation. I could not have picked a better fit for my parents!!

October 29, 2020

By Deborah

Somerby of Peachtree City is beautiful aesthetically. We liked all the amenities they offer. The people were lovely, not just the people that actually work there, but the people that we had the opportunity to speak with. This is independent care, not assisted care, so it seemed to be a very good fit for my mother.

July 03, 2019

By Reviewer6212019

We're happy here at Somerby of Peachtree City. We had a little squabble with my wife's caregiver, but everything is straightened out. The staff is very good. We have a two-bedroom apartment. They have one and two-bedrooms that come in different shapes with closet spaces. We have dinners every night. They have breakfast and lunch, which is extra, except on certain days. It's a good place. They have a gym and a heated indoor pool. The meals are very good, and they've got varied menu. The kitchen comes equipped with microwave, refrigerator, and washer and dryer. The only problem is the cabinets are 8-foot tall. I'm 6 foot, and I can't reach the top shelves. The activities are very good.

March 17, 2019

By AVisitor022719

We are living in a senior community called Somerby of Peachtree City. It's excellent. We live in a villa with good amenities. The staff members are extremely nice and helpful. We have been here for two months now.

November 30, 2017

By Matt

I like everything about Somerby of Peachtree City. It's a fantastic community. They serve three meals, but you're entitled to breakfast and your choice of lunch or dinner. They have a nice library, an indoor exercise pool, an exercise place with all kinds of machines and a person on duty, a theater where you can go and watch movies, and their own private walking trail. The staff is outstanding and followed up a couple of times with phone calls. The food is fantastic, too. They have a full menu, like you're in a restaurant. If I can afford it, I wouldn't go to another place.

August 21, 2017

By Ruby

Somerby of Peachtree City was very good and probably the newest community of all the places I went to. It's very upscale, but quite a bit overpriced. The amenities were very good. It felt the most like an institution as opposed to having a homey feel. The food was good. The facility was very pretty, but it had the highest community fee and they charge for some of the things that the other places didn't charge for. The facility's price was higher than the other places. It was excellent. One of the nice things I liked about it was that their pool was inside. It had an excellent rehab facility and it was an aging place. They had a lot of things for the residents to do.

June 01, 2017

By a-visitor085587

I’m living in Somerby of Peachtree City at the moment. It’s an excellent facility. They have all kinds of activities. They have an indoor swimming pool and a fitness center. They have a library that they’re currently stocking. The food is excellent. Physically, it’s very attractive. The apartments are nice and light. They also have an assisted living facility and a memory care unit.

Photos of Somerby of Peachtree City

Services and Amenities of Somerby of Peachtree City

• State Licenses: ALC000581

About Somerby of Peachtree City

Somerby of Peachtree City is a senior housing facility with an upscale, yet comfortable environment. The facility offers an abundance of amenities and services that cater to the needs of all residents. Residents can enjoy formal or casual dining options, 24-hour snacks and beverages at Spark Station, an onsite fitness center and wellness clinic and recreational activities. The community also offers spiritual guidance with activities that focus on each resident's five key Discover Your Spark objectives. With a variety of programs for residents to explore their passions and interests in a supportive environment, Somerby is an excellent choice for seniors looking for assisted living in Atlanta.

Map of Somerby of Peachtree City