Christian City Assisted Living

Reviews of Christian City Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Christian City Assisted Living

July 24, 2012

By jammeseb

I went to visit this assisted living facility because my grandmother was looking for an apartment to stay in because she was ready to downsize. Starks Inn is located in Atlanta, Ga in the neighborhood of Christian City. It is a place where they take shelter for those who need guidance and teachings of the Christian lifestyle. Most Christians are accepted to live in Christian City. as far as the facility, it was very clean, it only has 4 floors, so its not too big and very accessible to the elderly. there are plenty of handrails and ramps for the handicap. there are lounges on each floor for social and entertainment purposes. the dining room is clean and spacious. and the staff were so friendly and helpful when showing us around the facility. this is one of the most scenic facilitys that i have seen in the area that we were looking for. I think that this is going to be number one on our prospective list!

July 05, 2012

By jessh

This place isnt bad or gross but it is what you would expect. the hallways smell of cheap lotion, old people, and what I imagine is death. There were colorings and drwings on the walls from kids and girl scout troups on the wall. The older people stared at me as I went to grannys room wich made me feel very uncomfortable. the nurses did not come across as all that friendly, no one stopped and asked me who I was or who I was there to see which made me question the saftey at this place. My granny has insited that she take all of her jewllry and a few other items that my mom is sure that will get stollen. My great aunt kackie (next door) talks highly about this place but I think she is just blowing smoke so that my grandmother wont try to leave and come live with us. I dont blame her though, she has been there for 4 years and is generally lonley.

July 04, 2012

By laurieb110

I have visited this facility. Our church is very involved with this facility and other services within this facility...hospice, assisted living, retirement living communities, nursing homes, hope house, and others communities for children care.

May 12, 2012

By Debra J.1

I liked this place. They had great suggestions when to place my dad in a facility and in the transition periods as well. It was clean and it showed in the residents' faces that they were happy. The staffs were caring and the nurses very accommodating. I had an aunt who I visited there. They always check in on us to see things were okay. When she died, they were very emotional about it too and they called to offer their sympathy. They offer various activities for their residents such as church service, movies and even bring in kids to read stories to their grandfather/grandmother. They make sure their residents are entertained on a regular basis. If there's some things this facility needs to improve its more windows in the rooms since the rooms were large for someone who is in a wheelchair. It would also help to give more privacy to residents who have company.

Costs for Christian City Assisted Living

Photos of Christian City Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Christian City Assisted Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Deluxe And Single Occupancy Standard Studios

• Pets: No Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: 2016009

About Christian City Assisted Living

This specially designed private-pay facility features one and two-room suites and provides maximum independence with all the help residents need close at hand. Assisted Living Center residents enjoy three nutritious meals a day served in our dining room, housekeeping and linen service, and a wide range of special activities.

The Assisted Living Center is a 4-story building with 166 private residences, each with spacious baths. The resident’s own furnishings make their apartments “home.”

Each apartment has the following features for comfort, safety, and security:

• Newly remodeled interiors
  • Emergency call systems
  • Safety bars in all showers
  • Telephone connections for land line service
  • Wifi available
  • Cable TV furnished in each apartment
  • Ample conveniently located electrical outlets
  • Security cameras on each hall
  • Private door locks on each apartment
  • Elevators to all floors of the building
  • Living areas on each floor with comfortable seating
  • Handrails in corridors and public areas for added safety
  • Staff available 24/7
  • Campus patrol staffed 24/7

We also offer a private-pay 33-bed special care unit within the Assisted Living Center that provides a safe and secure environment for residents with dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease or other memory impairments. As longtime leaders in memory-loss health services, we offer professional and compassionate care. The supervisor and staff are certified in Alzheimer’s care.

Christian City is a special place for seniors to live! Operating a non-profit basis since 1965, our community is located on 400 wooded acres, a comfortable distance from Interstates 85 and 285, and Hartsfield Airport.

Map of Christian City Assisted Living