41 Assisted Living Facilities near Woodstock, GA
There are 41 Assisted Living Facilities in the Woodstock area, with 7 in Woodstock and 34 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Woodstock is $3,270 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Kennesaw with an average starting cost of $3,139.
To help you with your search, browse the 226 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Woodstock. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Woodstock 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Roswell with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Woodstock find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Woodstock, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Woodstock, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Woodstock
Located north of Marietta, Woodstock is known as the birthplace of Dean Rusk, who was the Secretary of State during the administrations of Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson. The city is home to just over 32,230 people, and one in eight residents are 65 or older.
If the city’s senior residents need help with activities of daily living, they can turn to the seven assisted living facilities in Woodstock. Assisted living facilities in Woodstock and throughout the state are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Woodstock
- Georgia’s tax policies are among the most retiree-friendly in the country. The first $65,000 in retirement income, including pensions, dividends and capital gains, is exempt from state taxes. Seniors don’t need to pay state taxes on their Social Security income. With so many tax savings, Woodstock seniors may find it easier to afford assisted living.
- Compared to the Georgia average, Woodstock has a low crime rate. In this city, the property crime rate is 19.29 per 1,000 residents, and the violent crime rate is 1.11 per 1,000 residents. Statewide, these rates are 28.6 and 3.57, respectively. Georgia seniors may choose to retire in Woodstock for peace of mind.
- By two measures of air pollution, ozone and year-round particle pollution, the Atlanta metropolitan area ranks among the 25 most polluted cities in the United States. Seniors who live in Woodstock may want to take precautions to protect themselves, such as staying indoors on days with poor air quality.
- Woodstock receives a score of 7.6 on the Sperling BestPlaces Comfort Index, which means it has one of the most comfortable climates in Georgia. The city receives 213 sunny days per year, on average, while the U.S. norm is only 205. With this weather, Woodstock seniors get plenty of opportunity for outdoor exercise.
- In this city, the overall cost of living is 17.2% higher than the national average. Housing costs are a major factor, as are transportation costs. Seniors may want to consider this higher cost of living before relocating to Woodstock.
- Woodstock has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Canton.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Woodstock
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Woodstock start around $3,270 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Woodstock and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Woodstock
In Woodstock, there are two Medicaid waiver programs that may help seniors pay for assisted living services. These are the Community Care Services Program and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Woodstock
Woodstock and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Woodstock, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Woodstock
Woodstock-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Woodstock, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Woodstock
Review of Legacy Ridge at Woodstock
The apartments at Legacy Ridge at Woodstock were beautiful. Everything about the place, including the dining area, was perfect and clean. The place was excellent. They have activities like puzzles.... Read more
Review of Insignia of Towne Lake
HIGHLY IMPRESSED I visited a few weeks ago, the staff was so friendly and knowledgeable they all greeted me with a smile. The residents were very well taken care of and looked very happy. The room... Read more
Review of Legacy Ridge at Neese Rd
My father has been a resident of Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock for several weeks now. It's been good so far, and I haven't really had any issues to be concerned about. The staff is doing good. His r... Read more