32 Assisted Living Facilities near Canton, GA
With an average cost of $3,022 in Canton, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 50 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 10 facilities in Canton.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Canton, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Canton
Part of Cherokee County, Canton, Ga., is home to over 28,000 people — approximately 11 percent ages 65 and over. There are eight assisted living facilities in Canton and another 48 in the surrounding area These are all governed by the Georgia Department of Community Health. ALFs have to care for 25 or more patients, have a certified medication aide on staff to oversee the dispensing of medication and provide facilities for or assistance with bathing, eating, grooming and dressing. Other services may be offered at the facility's discretion.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Canton
- Canton has a cost of living rating of 107.6 with the national average being 100. This means the city is a more expensive place to live than most. The majority of this difference is in housing cost and shouldn't affect ALF residents.
- For crimes of all types, the crime rate in Canton is well below both the national average and that for the state. It is a community where people of all ages can feel safe and secure.
- The weather in Canton is mild though a little damp. Summer highs reach into the upper 80s and winter lows will drop just below the freezing mark. The city does get an occasional sprinkling of winter snow but the majority of the precipitation in the area is in the form of the 59 inches of rain the city receives each year.
- Canton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Cherokee Senior Services, an organization that offers transportation assistance, group activities and educational opportunities for seniors as well as the Canton Senior Center.
- The Canton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northside Hospital and Piedmont Mountainside Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The city of Canton does have a fixed route bus line that operates Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am till 4:00 pm. Senior citizens ride for $0.60 and service animals are welcome. Canton is also home to National Taxi Service that is available on a call out bases 24 hours a day.
Paying for Assisted Living in Canton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Canton start around $3,022 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Canton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Canton
Financial assistance is available to help pay for assisted living facilities in Canton through two state-operated Medicaid programs: the Community Care Service Program (CCSP) and Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Canton
Canton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Canton, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Canton
Canton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Canton, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Canton
Review of The Phoenix at Union Hill
We toured The Phoenix at Union Hill for my father, and it's beautiful. It's wonderful, and it is brand new. It's got everything you'd want from it.,You would want to go live there. They have differ... Read more
Review of Ridge Manor Residential Memory Care - Canton
Ridge Manor has a very nice and quiet atmosphere. It was very clean and well-kept. The rooms were the adequate size. When the windows were open, they had a nice view of the woods. They have a telev... Read more
Review of The Phoenix at Union Hill
I just checked my father in today at The Phoenix at Union Hill, and it is wonderful. The staff is incredible, and the food is good. It could be slightly bigger, but it is adequate for my dad and hi... Read more