50 Assisted Living Facilities near Milton, GA
There are 50 Assisted Living Facilities in the Milton area, with 2 in Milton and 48 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Milton is $3,650 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Roswell with an average starting cost of $3,577.
To help you with your search, browse the 308 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Milton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Milton 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Roswell with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Milton, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Milton, GA
48 Assisted Living Facilities near Milton, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Milton
Milton is a small suburb of Atlanta, Georgia, that provides small-town life with easy access to all of the amenities of the state capital. Individuals 65 and older make up approximately 8.4 percent of the city’s 38,924 population. For those who need extra assistance with the activities of living, there are two assisted living facilities in the city and 58 nearby.
Governed by the Georgia Department of Community Health, assisted living facilities in Milton and the state of Georgia are referred to as assisted living communities if they have 25 or more individuals or personal care homes if they have two to 24 people.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Milton
- The city of Milton has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Alpharetta.
- Milton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the National Charity League, an organization that seeks to improve the lives of seniors in the area, as well as at least three senior centers.
- Seniors who need transportation to and from medical appointments and for various errands and outings in the area can utilize the Dial-A-Ride Transportation Service (DARTS) at free or discount fares. There are four buses with wheelchair lifts for individuals with disabilities. The service is provided to individuals 55 or older with limited transportation access.
- The overall crime rate in Milton is 73 percent lower than other comparable cities in the state and 68 percent lower than the national average. This makes Milton a relatively safe place for seniors to live.
- The cost of living in Milton is 162.5 when compared to the state and national average of 100. Seniors on a budget may find it difficult to make ends meet when living in Milton.
- Milton has hot and humid summers with highs around 88 and short winters with lows around 31. The city rarely gets snow, but the average yearly rainfall of 52 inches is higher than the national average of 39 inches. This climate makes it possible for seniors to get outside year round for outdoor activities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Milton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Milton start around $3,650 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Milton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Milton
Seniors in semi-private rooms and shared facilities in Milton may apply for assistance paying for an assisted living facility in Georgia through two state waiver programs. The Georgia SOURCE waiver is for individuals 65 or older or adults with physical disabilities that need nursing home-level care. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) is for adults 60 and older who qualify for Medicaid and need at least some level of personal care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Milton
Milton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Milton, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Milton
Milton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Milton
Review of Phoenix at Milton
I liked Phoenix at Milton assisted living. It was brand new. It would be a good choice, and it was really nice. It was super clean and very impressive-looking. I love that they always have fresh-ba... Read more
Review of Brickmont Assisted Living
My parents are in Brickmont of Milton in a two-bedroom unit with one bathroom. It is about 750 square feet. They have a dining hall. We have one major problem and that is they are not able to hook ... Read more
Review of Phoenix at Milton
The Phoenix at Milton is a nice place, so we picked it for our parents. They had everything we wanted in terms of the room and other things. We've had some issues with the staff, but they provide h... Read more