Heather House - Alpharetta

Reviews of Heather House - Alpharetta

Assisted Living Reviews for Heather House - Alpharetta

August 23, 2017

By Mrs. Kyle

Mom is getting very good care at Heather House. She has Alzheimer’s, needs a lot of assistance and they're just exceptionally good with her. The other ladies just really care for her too. They're always looking out for her and letting me know different things that go on. Every once in a while there's a complaint and they listen to it. I've had to deal with the lady who works there who wasn't exceptionally been very nice to my mom. My mom needs extra assistance so I just let it be known to the owner and she said she would definitely speak to her about it. The owner is extremely loving and kind to the ladies. Just recently, my mom had fallen and she hit her head and shoulder. They called me and they go ahead and sent her to the ER. My brother and I met her up there. She didn’t have anything broken but we took her back to Heather House and just talk to the people there on how she was in pain and just about being extra careful with her (and they were). If I had anything I need, I'll just call or text the owner anytime. A lot of times she lets me know and sends a picture. She'll say “Look at mom this morning". It’s so sweet because a lot of times Mom stays awake at night and sleeps during the day with her Alzheimer’s. Mom seems to enjoy the food. I think it’s pretty good. There were a lot of times that smelled good. Sometimes it’s just basic, sandwiches and soup but other times they'll do fruits and salad. Right now, the activities are very lax. They have some ladies from the church once a week. There was a lady who was working there and she ended up leaving after the ownership changed because she's pursuing another avenue. I think it will improve again but right now they don’t have an activity coordinator so they're not doing a lot in that thing. But they were having so much activity and it was real special. They really take very good care of the residents there.
Hello Kyle, Thanks for taking time to leave a review. A new activity director has recently been hired. Meaning that there has been an increase in daily activities. Some of the activities include but not limited to: Visiting musicians, Bingo, Canine Therapy and other various out door activities.

Costs for Heather House - Alpharetta

Photos of Heather House - Alpharetta

Services and Amenities of Heather House - Alpharetta

• Housing Extra: Private & Shared Rooms

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• Assisted Living Starting At: $2000/month

• About Heather House - Alpharetta

Heather House Personal Care Homes opened in 1983, as the first personal care home in Fulton County, and provides a home-like environment for seniors. Staffed by a social worker, CNA's, and experienced caregivers, there are staff on-hand 24 hours a day.

Located in settings that are encompassed by beautiful grounds and countryside, yet within a few short miles, you will find shopping, doctors, hospitals and more.

Services Include (but not limited to):

• 3 Home Cooked Meals a day
    • Snacks
    • Activities
    • Medication Assistance
    • Free Cable
    • Housekeeping / Laundry Services
    • Social Worker Available to help guide and direct residents and family members

"Quality Care" for Seniors has been our motto since the beginning. A pioneer for personal care, in the suburban Atlanta area, our long-term experience and reputation continue to allow us the privilege of providing care and love to many.

Map of Heather House - Alpharetta