121 Assisted Living Facilities near Norcross, GA
With an average cost of $3,422 in Norcross, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 24 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in Norcross.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Norcross, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Norcross
Located approximately 30 minutes north of Atlanta, Norcross is a busy metropolitan city in Gwinnett County that provides easy access to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, the Buford Highway Farmer’s Market and the Global Mall, which provides a variety of opportunities for seniors to stay active. Seniors looking to retire in Norcross will find 63 assisted living facilities in the area, including two downtown locations. These facilities, and those in the rest of Georgia, are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Norcross
- Norcross has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in John’s Creek.
- Norcross has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Gwinnett Council for seniors, an organization that seeks to improve the lives of seniors in the area, as well as two senior centers.
- Seniors in Norcross have a one in 25 chance of becoming a victim of any crime. The overall crime rate In the city is 41 percent higher than the national average, which is a concern for seniors living in the area.
- Limited transportation is available at discount fares for seniors who live in Norcross and Gwinnett County through the Gwinnett County Senior Services. The Get In Gear voucher program is also available for seniors and individuals with disabilities to and from medical appointments, to senior centers and for various treatments.
- Seniors on a budget may find it easy to manage money in Norcross. The cost of living in the city is 95.9, which is lower than the national and state average of 100.
- Seniors who have a hard time tolerating the colder temperatures in Northern cities may find the climate in Norcross easier to manage. Summers are hot and humid with July highs around 88 degrees Fahrenheit. January lows are around 31 Fahrenheit. The city rarely gets any snow but does get around 53 inches of rain per year, which is higher than the national average of 39 inches.
Paying for Assisted Living in Norcross
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Norcross start around $3,572 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Norcross and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Norcross
Norcross and the state of Georgia offer two waivers to provide help for seniors to pay for an assisted living facility. The Community Care Services Program is available for Medicaid-eligible individuals over the age of 60 who require a specific level of care. The Georgia SOURCE Waiver is available for seniors over the age of 65 or those with disabilities who are under the age of 65 who require nursing home level care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Norcross
Norcross and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Norcross, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Norcross
Norcross-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Norcross
Review of The Mansions at Sandy Springs
I was impressed with The Mansions at Sandy Springs. There's plenty of rooms for activities, so it's not just one big great room. They could have lots of different activities going on concurrently i... Read more
Review of The Landings at Norcross
My dad is moving into The Landings at Norcross. It appears clean and appears to have a modern layout. He's on the third floor (which would be kind of a drawback), but they make rounds every two hou... Read more
Review of Enrich Senior Living of Norcross
The ladies that run the Enrich Senior Living of Norcross were lovely people, but the location would be difficult for me to see my brother, because of the traffic going there. The room was extremely... Read more