29 Assisted Living Facilities near Duluth, GA
There are 29 Assisted Living Facilities in the Duluth area, with 3 in Duluth and 26 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Duluth is $3,372 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Johns Creek with an average starting cost of $3,333.
To help you with your search, browse the 174 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Duluth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Duluth 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sugar Hill with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Duluth, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Duluth, GA
26 Assisted Living Facilities near Duluth, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Duluth
A suburb of Atlanta in Gwinnett County, Duluth, Ga. has received many awards, most recently in 2017 one of AARP’s 10 Best Places to Live for under $40,000. This economical savings extends to assisted living facilities, of which there are three in Duluth and a further 54 located nearby in Lawrenceville, Norcross and Johns Creek. These facilities are regulated by the Healthcare Facility Regulation, a branch of the Georgia Department of Health, which defines an assisted living facility as a personal care home that serves 25 or more residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Duluth
- Duluth has plenty of cultural attractions for seniors to enjoy, like performing arts at the Infinite Energy Center. Duluth’s assisted living facilities may also organize trips to Atlanta events and attractions, like the city’s botanical garden, the Fox Theatre or the renowned Georgia Aquarium.
- Duluth is served by Gwinnett County Transit, which offers extensive public bus service throughout the county. The Atlanta Amtrak station is located just under 20 miles from Duluth’s city center. The city is also served by the Gwinnett County Airport (15 miles from Duluth) and the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (37 miles from Duluth).
- The city of Duluth is home to world-class medical facilities, including Gwinnett Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Duluth is only slightly above the national average. The cost-of-living index in Duluth is 102; the national index is 100.
- Duluth experiences hot, humid summers. July temperatures climb to the range of 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Seniors with breathing difficulties may find the summer heat challenging when spending time outdoors. On the other hand, winters in Duluth are mild, with temperatures rarely dipping below 32 degrees.
- When it comes to safety, note that Duluth’s crime rate does exceed the national average. The national average is 2,837 (crimes per 100,000 people). The crime rate in Duluth, however, is 4,808.
Paying for Assisted Living in Duluth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Duluth start around $3,372 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Duluth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Duluth
Financial assistance is available to help seniors pay for assisted living facility care in Georgia. Medicaid offers two waivers, Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE), designed for this purpose. In addition, the state features an Independent Care Waiver Program (ICWP) that offers financial assistance to help eligible residents with disabilities live in a community-based setting, such as an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Duluth
Duluth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Duluth, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Duluth
Duluth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Duluth, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Duluth
Review of Parc at Duluth
The rooms at Parc at Duluth were very nice, and Katelyn, the young lady that helped us was extremely knowledgeable, courteous, and concerned about my problem. The dining area was also very nice, cl... Read more
Review of Country Gardens of Duluth
Country Gardens Duluth is wonderful, and we're very pleased with them. The rooms are kept clean. For somebody who doesn't need a lot of things, the rooms are plenty big. My mom's room is one of the... Read more
Review of Parc at Duluth
My parents moved into Parc at Duluth last October. It's a really nice place, and everything is wonderful there. The meals are prepared by a chef. They have a lot of help. The staff is very good. Th... Read more