Brookdale Lawrenceville

Reviews of Brookdale Lawrenceville

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Lawrenceville

April 01, 2014

By Janis5

Mom went to Emeritus at Courtyard Gardens. The facility is very warm and friendly. They encourage the residents to participate in the activities. Their rooms are nice and big. The staff are very caring. I like the warm atmosphere when I go there. They are unique because their residents have formed a welcoming committee, so when a new resident comes in, that committee takes them under their wings and shows them around and answers questions. They do memory games, dominos, and bingo. They also do a little basketball. They also have arts and crafts. I would recommend this place.

March 18, 2014

By randy11

I don't think there's much to change in Emeritus at Courtyard Gardens. From what I've saw, it didn’t feel like a typical rest home environment. I liked the atmosphere, it seemed like a pretty well kept and run place. The residents seemed content and happy there. My dad's accommodation is very nice and suitable for him. The staff is very friendly. They offer him laundry, daily check-ups, medication and ensuring he gets the meals. I tried the food, it was good. There are lots of activities going on for the residents. They have sing-a-longs, exercise, bingo and crafts. Another thing I'm impressed with is the resident nurse that they have all the time. She's new, but there's another one that has been there for all her career as a nurse. It tells me that it’s the place one wants to me, not just the residents but the staff included.

February 26, 2014

By Faye3

Emeritus was a very nice facility but it didn?t fit our needs at this time. We only visited the main area, they didn't have any vacant rooms at the time. The dining room was very nice, it was large. What I liked best was the fact that it was a small facility, not huge and also that it was close into the Lawrenceville area. The staff was very professional.

September 24, 2013

By Mariane3

Emeritus at Courtyard Gardens was a very nice place. The backyard area looked like a beautiful park. The facility itself was a bit small which was better as it was more intimate. The food was fine and was specifically geared to the elderly as they don't put a lot of sodium and stuff like that.

June 25, 2013

By Jill7

Courtyard Gardens is a great place and the price was right too. It's less expensive, but it was nice. My father likes it. He likes the food and the people. The staff were great. They have an apartment and it's very nice.

March 08, 2013

By caring0225213

Courtyard Gardens is excellent. The facility is clean, the staff is friendly and accommodating.

June 25, 2012

By dansmith46

The facilities looked nice enough, but they could add a few more activities and social events for people to participate in. People often seem bored. Our friend is very upbeat though for medical purposes he needs assisted living. The caretakers seem pretty nice, and he tells us he is treated equitably. I wish he had a few more friends there, but maybe in time he will get a few more. The facility was clean, though it did smell some as most assisted living facilities do. I think it is a good fit for him, but I would like to see him moved to a more all-inclusive type of experience that provides him with a fuller day-to-day life experience.

March 27, 2012

By Chili Magoo

I visited Courtyard Gardens in Lawrenceville, GA. to see for myself the facility and the programs it offers its residents. I was impressed by the home.The staff seemed to genuinely care about the residents. I worked for a different facility many years ago and because of how terrible it was, I was hesitant to ever have a loved one placed in a home. Courtyard Gardens was different. The residents I encountered seemed happy and most were busy doing activities of one sort or another. They get taken on trips, play games, participate in fitness activities, create gifts for their loved ones in crafting classes, and stuff like that. By the end of the visit, I felt very satisfied with the quality of the establishment. If you have fears and impressions of what you think an assisted living home is like, I encourage you to check out Courtyard Gardens.

October 14, 2011

By Luxy

I visited Courtyard Gardens in Lawrenceville, GA. to check out the facility and the programs it has to offer its' residents. I must say that I was impressed by the home. It had an "at home" feel to it and the staff seemed to genuinely care about the residents. I worked for a different facility many years ago and because of how terrible it was, I was hesitant to ever have a loved one placed in a home. Courtyard Gardens was recommended by a friend who convinced me that this residence was different from those of the past. I was pleasantly surprised to see that she was right. The residents I encountered seemed happy and most were busy doing activities of one sort or another. They get taken on trips, play games, participate in fitness activities, create gifts for their loved ones in crafting classes, etc. By the end of the visit, I felt better knowing that there was a place available for my parents (should it ever be needed) that had a the feel of home and a real since of community. If you have fears and impressions of what you think an assisted living home is like, I encourage you to check out Courtyard Gardens. I don't believe you will be dissapointed.

Questions about Brookdale Lawrenceville

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Daily Path – brain stimulating games and reminiscing B-Fit – daily physical activity and exercise Daily Life Skills – individual or group activities providing the sense of purpose Person-Centered Programs – honoring past interests to tap into current skills and

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Lawrenceville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is mid 80’s Residents really enjoy our activities and programs which include exercise, games and entertainment. This is a small community of 48 rooms and on average, we care for about 50 residents at a time. This is a homelike setting and an established community or 23 years. We have wonderful longevity in our team and a great number of tenured employees.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Lawrenceville offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Optimum Life – is a holistic approach to wellness through six key principles: physical, emotional, intellectual, purposeful social and spiritual. A few favorites are the B-Fit exercise program, Social events or parties, gardening, Dominos and Bingo.

What places are near Brookdale Lawrenceville or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have a very nice walking path in the back of our community as well as sidewalks leading to the few business located near the campus.

What transportation services does Brookdale Lawrenceville offer to assisted living residents?

Thursdays are designated for medical appointments Shopping on Monday Dining events are scheduled periodically during the month

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Lawrenceville exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Menus consist of balanced options and developed by a registered dietician. Breakfast is a selection of cereals, eggs, meat protein, oatmeal, grits, fruit, etc. Lunch selections consist of a choice of one of two entrees (chicken, fish, beef, pork, etc.) vegtables, salad, bread and dessert. Dinner selections are usually a lighter menu, such as soups, sandwiches, salads, etc. Residents also have a choice of alternate items if they prefer.

How does Brookdale Lawrenceville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Occasional care plan meetings are scheduled as well as an open door policy. We invite families to drop in anytime to speak with our Health and Wellness Director or Executive Director.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Lawrenceville during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff based on the acuity level of our current residents. Staffing always exceeds the state requirements. Typically we have five caregivers during first and second shift and four caregivers during third shift.

If Brookdale Lawrenceville accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet-friendly, for small pets, if the resident is able to care for their pet. The pets must stay in the residents’ apartment when unleashed. There are many areas outside on campus that are good for walking your pets.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have continuous required training monthly for our staff as well as monthly staff meetings that include a topic to review.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Lawrenceville provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer a secured memory care setting, known as The Clare Bridge Program. This is a small community that is specifically designed for residents with dementia.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Lawrenceville offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Clare Bridge Dining Program – Friendly menus that are easy to manage and familiar. Prompting assistance to encourage and preserve the use of utensils. Small dining room experience with consistent seating and opportunity for socialization. Music, centerpieces, warm scented wash towels and fresh linens are incorporated into the program.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Lawrenceville. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Our community is located on a quiet wooded lot but in the near vicinity of many retailers, restaurants, doctors’ offices and other businesses. We are about two miles from Gwinnett Medical Center (hospital).

Is Brookdale Lawrenceville affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No, we are not.

• Licenses: Personal Care
  • State Licenses: PCH007775

About Brookdale Lawrenceville

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

If you are looking for small, intimate, quaint, stately and elegant, nestled quietly off the beaten path, beautifully landscaped with your favorite flowers, and all the comforts of home, then you will love our community! We welcome you to Courtyard Gardens.

Map of Brookdale Lawrenceville