55 Assisted Living Facilities near Buford, GA
There are 55 Assisted Living Facilities in the Buford area, with 4 in Buford and 51 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Buford is $3,175 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Flowery Branch with an average starting cost of $2,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 276 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Buford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Buford 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sugar Hill with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Buford find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Buford, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Buford, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Buford
Deemed one of the best places to retire in Georgia, Buford is located approximately an hour northeast of Atlanta along the southern end of Lake Sidney Lanier with easy access to shopping and recreational activities.
To accommodate retirees in assisted living, there are 50 facilities in Buford and the surrounding areas, including Lawrenceville and Johns Creek. Referred to in Buford and the state of Georgia as assisted living communities, these facilities provide housing, administration of medications, food and personal care to those who need help with daily tasks. They are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Buford
- The cost of living index in Buford is 107.3, which is slightly higher than both the state and the national average of 100. This may make it more difficult for seniors paying for an assisted living facility in the city to maintain a budget.
- Crime is based on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). In Buford, property crime is ranked 55.0, which is higher than the national average of 38.1 and violent crime is ranked 55.3, which is also higher than the national average of 31.1. Seniors should ensure proper security measures are in place within the assisted living facility they select.
- Seniors who can't tolerate extreme cold temperatures may appreciate the short and mild winters in Buford. Winter lows rarely drop below freezing, while summers are hot and humid with average July highs around 88.
- The Buford area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Emory at Buford and the Northeast Georgia Neighborhood Healthcare Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Gwinnett County Senior Services provides transportation for seniors who need rides to and from senior centers, medical appointments and treatments at free or reduced prices. These rides are wheelchair accessible and are available Monday through Friday on a regular basis.
- Buford and the state of Georgia do not tax Social Security retirement benefits, which may leave seniors with more money left over at the end of the year. The state also provides a deduction of $65,000 on all types of retirement income for those age 64 and older, and there is no state inheritance or estate tax.
Paying for Assisted Living in Buford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Buford start around $3,175 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Buford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Buford
Seniors in assisted living in Buford may qualify for one of the state’s two Elderly and Disabled 1915c Medicaid Waiver Programs. This includes the Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE). The program is typically available to low-income seniors, including those who receive the Social Security Income (SSI) payment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Buford
Buford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Buford, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Buford
Buford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Buford
Review of Brookdale Buford
Toni, the events coordinator, is fantastic! Her energy, kindness and love for the residents is truly amazing. She texts pictures of outings and always gets back to me quickly! There are many techs ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Buford
We liked Brookdale Buford and would have considered putting my mom there had we not found a private care home with better staff to resident ratio. The room we saw was fine and wasn't as fancy as ot... Read more
Review of Generous Care Giving
I'm happy with Generous Care Giving. They're wonderful people who take excellent care of my mother. It's very comfortable and very relaxed. All the ladies there have some form of dementia or Alzhei... Read more