40 Assisted Living Facilities near Dacula, GA
Also serving communities of Winder.
There are 40 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dacula area, with 4 in Dacula and 36 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Dacula is $3,650 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Lawrenceville with an average starting cost of $2,800.
To help you with your search, browse the 177 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dacula. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dacula 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sugar Hill with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dacula, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Dacula, GA
36 Assisted Living Facilities near Dacula, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dacula
Located in Gwinnett County in northeast Georgia, Dacula is a small city approximately an hour and 20 minutes northeast of downtown Atlanta. Little Mulberry Park and Rabbit Hill Park provide walking trails for seniors, and the Chateau Elan Winery and Resort offers discounted activities for seniors.
Seniors have a choice of four assisted living facilities in the city limits and 52 located in the surrounding areas of Lawrenceville, Buford and Grayson. These facilities are commonly referred to as assisted living communities, which provide service to 25 or more individuals. Personal care homes are also available for two or more individuals. They are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dacula
- Dacula has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Gainesville.
- Dacula has an array of community resources for seniors, including Seniors Helping Seniors, an organization that pairs seniors in the community together for companionship and work opportunities, and at least three senior centers.
- Limited transportation services are available for free to seniors in Gwinnett County through Get In Gear, which is provided through Gwinnett Senior Services and provides rides to and from doctor appointments, grocery shopping and to and from senior centers.
- The cost of living in Dacula is 113, which is higher than the state and U.S. average of 100. This may make it harder for seniors on a budget to manage money.
- Seniors who want to escape the cold may enjoy the climate in Dacula. Summers are hot and humid, with highs in July around 89. January lows are around 32, with only about an inch of snow per year.
- Rated on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), the violent crime rate is 38.4 in Dacula, which is higher than the national average of 31.1. The property crime rate is 34.5, which is slightly higher than the national average of 34.5. Seniors who want to enjoy the city should go in pairs or pay close attention to their surroundings.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dacula
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Dacula start around $3,650 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dacula and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dacula
The state of Georgia has two separate Medicaid waiver programs available for seniors who need assistance paying for an assisted living community or personal care home. The Community Care Services Program is available to Medicaid-eligible individuals who are 60 and older and require some degree of daily care. The Georgia SOURCE waiver is for those 65 and older who need nursing home-level care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dacula
Dacula and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dacula, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dacula
Dacula-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dacula
Review of Hamilton Mill Senior Care
~ Hamilton Mill Senior Care was the best decision I made for the care of my mother. As her heath continued to decline (physical and mental) in her previous care home, it was time to find a place th... Read more
Review of Arbor Terrace Hamilton Mill
We toured the assisted living level of Arbor Terrace Hamilton Mill. It was very nice and was conveniently located. The person who accommodated us wasn't expecting us when we got there, even though ... Read more
Review of Arbor Terrace Hamilton Mill
Arbor Terrace was huge, beautiful, they have different levels of care. It looked like a hotel. They were building more independent units. They have a restaurant, wellness program, and a place she c... Read more