41 Assisted Living Facilities near Snellville, GA
Also serving communities of Grayson.
There are 41 Assisted Living Facilities in the Snellville area, with 15 in Snellville and 26 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Snellville is $1,962 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Jonesboro with an average starting cost of $1,950.
To help you with your search, browse the 175 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Snellville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Snellville 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Loganville with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Snellville, call (855) 863-8283.
15 Assisted Living Facilities in Snellville, GA
26 Assisted Living Facilities near Snellville, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Snellville
Snellville, Georgia, population 19,733, has all the charm of a small Southern town. Yet its close proximity to the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell Metro Area allows residents to enjoy all the benefits of the big city. Assisted living facilities in Snellville, as in the rest of Georgia, are defined as personal care homes. There are 88 licensed assisted living facilities near Snellville that are regulated by the Georgia Health Services Network.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Snellville
- Snellville has a cost of living of 97.1. This is just below the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell Metro Area's score of 97.9 and the national average of 100.
- The violent crime rate in Snellville is 19.1, far below the U.S. average of 31.1. The nearby Atlanta metro area is even higher, scoring a 40.5. However, Snellville's property crime rate is substantially higher than the national average, with 51.1 compared to the nation's 38.1. The Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell Metro property crime rate is 49.5.
- The air quality in Snellville is 48, which is 10 points worse than the average in the nation. This is important to note, especially for those who spend a lot of time outdoors and those suffering from respiratory conditions or illnesses.
- There are an average of 219 sunny days in Snellville, more than the national average. The city averages only 1 inch of snow each year, making it a wonderful area for those who love warm weather and outdoor activities. However, the oppressive heat of summer can prove to be too intense for some people. The July average high temperature is around 89 degrees.
Sales tax in Snellville is 6.0 percent, the same as in the nation. Income tax, however, is considerably higher. The city rate is 6.0 percent, while the national average is 4.6 percent.
- The Snellville area is home to world-class medical services, including Eastside Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Snellville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Snellville start around $1,962 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Snellville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Snellville
There are two Medicaid-based programs in Georgia that help residents of assisted living facilities with the costs of care. Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) and Community Care Service Program (CCSP) are Medicaid waiver plans offered by the state. Residents should apply for assistance as soon as possible, since it can take 2-4 months to be accepted into these programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Snellville
Snellville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Snellville, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Snellville
Snellville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Snellville, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Snellville
Review of Scepter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
First of ALL Scepter Rehabilitation was brought out by who ever owners are of Parkside. What are the rooms like at Parkside, well lets see. The Ombudsman need to be called, because there was a bu... Read more
Review of Mahoney's Assisted Living Home
I have never had the pleasure of visiting a PHC and I hope all nursing homes aren't reflected by the horrors I was unfortunate enough to see. Dirty everywhere I looked. Unsanitary kitchen and the r... Read more
Review of Silverleaf Alzheimer's Care of Snellville
Silverleaf Alzheimer's Care of Snellville was clean and I liked the way they handled the people, so it was nice. They do a pretty nice breakfast, but a lot of time I pick my dad up to eat. They hav... Read more