82 Assisted Living Facilities near Lilburn, GA
There are 82 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lilburn area, with 3 in Lilburn and 79 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lilburn is $2,869 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Tucker with an average starting cost of $2,699.
To help you with your search, browse the 383 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lilburn. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lilburn 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stone Mountain with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lilburn, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lilburn, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lilburn
Lilburn, Ga., population approximately 12,000, was named One of the Prettiest Small Towns in Georgia and is on the list of Top 10 Places to Retire in Georgia. For seniors who want to live in a community of peers and receive some help with activities of daily living, there are three assisted living facilities in Lilburn with another 54 in surrounding areas like Tucker, Norcross and Stone Mountain. There are two types of assisted living in the state: assisted living communities (ALCs) and personal care homes (PCHs). All are licensed by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lilburn
- The cost of living in Lilburn is only 0.6 percent higher than the national average, but it exceeds the state average by 8 percent. For seniors with a limited budget, other locations in the state may be more affordable.
- The National Air Toxics Assessment gives Lilburn an air quality rating of 43 which is 15 points below the national average. For people with respiratory or allergy issues, this could be a significant concern.
- The climate in Lilburn is comfortable but humid. Summer highs rarely climb out of the 80s, and winter lows seldom go below 32 degrees. The city does average 52 inches of rain per year though, which is 13 more than the national mean.
- Sperling's crime index rates cities on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the worst. Lilburn has a violent crime score of 33.6 which is just slightly higher than the U.S. average of 31.1. Its property crime score is 66.2 which exceeds the national mean by 28 points and the state average by more than 16.
- Lilburn has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Duluth.
- Lilburn has little to offer in terms of traditional arts and cultural events. The city does, however, provide some unique activities. The city park plays host to themed music nights, and Food Truck Tuesday is a weekly event.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lilburn
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Lilburn start around $2,869 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lilburn and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lilburn
To help pay for services at assisted living facilities, the State of Georgia offers two programs: the Community Care Service Program and Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment. Both of these are classified as Medicaid waiver programs and are subject to availability.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lilburn
Lilburn and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lilburn, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lilburn
Lilburn-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lilburn
Review of Elaine's Personal Care Home
I moved into Elaine's Personal Care Home a couple of weeks ago. I chose it for the price. The staff is nice. It's a house, and I wish the rooms were bigger, but it is what it is. It's private, and ... Read more
Review of Sunrise at Five Forks
Sunrise at Five Forks had a hotel atmosphere. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable, and I was shown around by the mechanic/engineer who took care of all the issues that cropped up in all of t... Read more
Review of Sunrise at Five Forks
Sunrise at Five Forks is a very nice community, but they don't take Medicaid, and they're a little bit too pricey. The person who gave me the tour was really nice. The place is much more exclusive,... Read more