50 Assisted Living Facilities near Tucker, GA
There are 50 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tucker area, with 8 in Tucker and 42 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Tucker is $2,632 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Decatur with an average starting cost of $2,551.
To help you with your search, browse the 227 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tucker. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tucker 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stone Mountain with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tucker, call (855) 863-8283.
8 Assisted Living Facilities in Tucker, GA
42 Assisted Living Facilities near Tucker, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tucker
In the early 1800s, the first settler in the Tucker, Georgia, area was a Scottish immigrant and Indian War veteran. From a homestead of peach and apple orchards grew a thriving population of approximately 28,000 people, including more than 5,000 seniors aged 65 or older.
Some of these seniors may need assistance with the tasks of daily living. There are eight facilities to chose from in Tucker. These facilities are called personal care homes or assisted living communities and governed by the Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tucker
- In Tucker, as in the rest of Georgia, retirees are exempt from state income tax on Social Security benefits. Seniors can also claim a significant deduction on other types of retirement income.
- Seniors who don't like the snow may be happy to know that Tucker receives just 1 inch per year. However, the city receives 54 inches of rain annually compared to the U.S. median of 38 inches. Its annual temperature range is 32-88 degrees.
- At 21.3, Tucker's violent crime is on par with the U.S. average, while the property crime rate of 55.5 is 20 points higher than the national average. Seniors may wish to inquire what security protocols are in place to keep residents safe at each facility they tour.
- The EPA's air quality measure for Tucker is 40, which is 15 points lower than the U.S. median of 55 and the state average of 41. This may be a concern for aging citizens with COPD and other respiratory challenges.
- Tucker's cost of living is 113.8, compared to the state and national averages of 100. Housing and transportation costs are much higher in Tucker than the rest of Georgia. This could be a concern for families moving here to be closer to loved ones in assisted living.
- Tucker has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Decatur.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tucker
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Tucker start around $2,632 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tucker and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tucker
Two Medicaid waiver programs may be able to assist seniors in Tucker who need help paying for assisted living. These include the Community Care Services Program and the Resources in a Community Environment program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tucker
Tucker and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tucker, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tucker
Tucker-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Tucker, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tucker
Review of The Phoenix at Tucker
We really liked and were impressed by The Phoenix at Tucker. It was a newer building, the residents that we happened to see there all seemed to be reactive and engaged. It was very clean, very open... Read more
Review of Northlake Gardens
The staff at Northlake Gardens was wonderful, very conscientious, and spent a lot of time making sure we got to see everything. We were introduced to a lot of the residents and volunteers. They hav... Read more
Review of Northlake Gardens
My mother was at Northlake Gardens for two months. The staff was friendly. She was fed well and taken care of. It was clean and they always decorate it and had activities for every day for them. Th... Read more