47 Assisted Living Facilities
47 Assisted Living Facilities
The average cost of assisted living in
than the national median of
Cheaper nearby regions include
with an average starting cost of
To help you with your search, browse the
assisted living facilities
On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tucker
out of 5 stars.
Better rated regions include
with an average rating of
out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about
assisted living options and costs in
There are 47 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tucker area, with 7 in Tucker and 40 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Tucker is $2,766 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,345. Cheaper nearby regions include Lilburn with an average starting cost of $2,705.
To help you with your search, browse the 200 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tucker. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tucker 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stone Mountain with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tucker, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Tucker, GA
Promotion ends in 6 days!
LET ATRIA UNLOAD SOME OF YOUR MOVING EXPENSES. Sign a lease now and unpack this money-saving limi... (more)
40 Assisted Living Facilities near Tucker, GA
Other Options in Tucker, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tucker
Review of Northlake Gardens
My mother was at Northlake Gardens for two months. The staff was friendly. She was fed well and taken care of. It was clean and they always decorate it and had activities for every day for them. Th... Read more
Review of Orion Star Personal Care Home
I really like Orion Star. The only reason I didn't choose it was because my mom didn't want to share a room, and that's all they had available. The residents looked alive. They curtailed their meal... Read more
Review of Atria Park of Tucker
Atria Park of Tucker is our second choice. It's very homey and had a big list of activities. They had beautiful gardens for the residents to walk in. The apartments were comparable to the other com... Read more
Assisted Living near Dekalb County, GA
More Options Near Tucker, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tucker
Assisted living facilities in Tucker fall under the authority of the Georgia Department of Community Health. For a facility to qualify for licensing under the department's guidelines, it must provide care for 25 or more people and have provisions for the distribution of medication by a certified medication aide. Beyond this, it must provide facilities for or assistance with essential daily living activities (EDLAs). EDLAs are defined by the state as including toileting, eating, bathing, dressing and grooming. Inside the Tucker city limits, there are seven assisted living facilities that meet these criteria, with another 57 in close proximity.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tucker
- The Tucker area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Emory at Tucker and Kaiser Permanente Crescent Medical Center, that can provide rapid assistance in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- For seniors accustomed to art exhibits, symphonies, museum exhibits and other cultural events Tucker might not be the best city for you. It's close to Atlanta with its wealth of activities and opportunities but Tucker lacks cultural amenities.
- Tucker has an EPA air quality index rating of 40. This places it 18 points below the national average. Worse news, the city is ranked as the 13th worse city in America for respiratory infections. For seniors who already suffer from breathing issues or who have suppressed immune systems, Tucker might not be an ideal location for you to settle.
- Tucker exceeds the national crime rate for both violent and property crimes. It's 10.8 points higher on the scale for violent crimes and 2.6 points higher crimes against property. Though it is considered safer than nearby Metro-Atlanta it would not be a suitable location for seniors who might be easily targeted by criminals.
- Tucker has a cost of living index rating of 101.2 making it a slightly more expensive place to live than the national average. While the higher housing prices would not impact seniors living in assisted living facilities, the higher grocery, health care and transportation costs could impact their ability to meet a budget.
- Tucker is serviced by MARTA lines from Atlanta but has no public transportation system of its own. The city does have one taxi service located within its borders, Perseverance Taxi, which is available by reservation. For non-driving seniors, this could severely limit their ability to get around.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tucker
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Tucker start around $2,766 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tucker and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tucker
There are two state-operated Medicaid waiver programs to assist qualified seniors with paying for assisted living facilities in Tucker: Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) and the Community Care Service Program. Both programs are subject to availability.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tucker
Tucker and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tucker
Tucker-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.