Hammond Glen Retirement Community

Reviews of Hammond Glen Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Hammond Glen Retirement Community

December 20, 2015

By Karen M.1

We visited Hammond Glen, and actually we were quite impressed with it. We were very impressed with how engaged the residents were. Obviously, people there were very satisfied with the community itself, and to me, that was very telling. You can visit a place, and the staff can be wonderful, but I think you get a much better thought of how it would be living in a place from the residents. It was very clean and bright. They have an entire calendar of events for the things that they do and some things that they encourage family members to participate in as well. The layout of the apartments was very well thought out. The dining room was beautiful, and we got to meet one of the chefs. We were just impressed with how inviting it was. When we left, they were so inviting. They were having a Halloween party for kids coming up on the following weekend and even though we weren't moving in, they still made a point of inviting my granddaughter, who was with us at the time for the visit, to come back down, and actually sent us an email following up on it. These are the types of people who are running this place, and that's honestly the type of community that I'm looking for for my mom.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hammond Glen property in Sandy Springs, Georgia. We are very proud of our staff and know that a building is just a building but what makes a home a great place to live in is the care and love put into each and every day by the staff to make our residents feel appreciated, secure, adventurous, excited, hopeful, and loved each day. We continue to work toward that goal. Thanks again. Karen Cochran, Regional Director of Operations, Sunshine Retirement Living.

November 09, 2015

By J Brown1

I like the overall appeal of Hammond Glen. I also like the friendliness of the people and the activities they provide for the residents. The staff is very accommodating and attentive to the needs of my mom.

Independent Living Reviews for Hammond Glen Retirement Community

January 15, 2016

By John R.1

I visited Hammond Glen, which I found very impressive in a number of ways. I particularly liked the location since it's in Sandy Springs where I live. Everybody was very friendly. The assistant manager gave me a quick tour of the place, and I liked a lot of the amenities that were available there, but they seemed to be fairly typical of other facilities that I have visited. They're very competitive, actually, because they provide the same kind of facilities and want to satisfy their clients.

December 30, 2015

I liked Hammond Glen very much. The management was terrific. The facilities were fine. I enjoyed it. The rooms were small, but other than that it was very nice. I ate there, I talked to a lot of the residents, I saw the apartments, and everything was fine.

December 30, 2015

By Marilyn115529050

Hammond Glen is an excellent place. The staff know all of the residents by name. They treated them very kindly and very respectfully. They have very diverse programs for seniors; I went to several of them in one day including on in the Japanese blossom garden where they had Japanese dancers. I also went to a Danish breakfast get-together. A therapist came in the afternoon and gave a lecture on osteoporosis. I had breakfast that morning with the residents, and the food was excellent. The chef came out to meet us. I had the California-style suite with two private rooms on either side of the living room. One of the rooms had an end suite and the other bathroom was accessible to company. The dining and living room were at the center and the kitchen was off to one side. There was lots of storage space. It was beautiful and very well furnished. They have a library, a theater, common area, a stage and a nice dining room.

September 25, 2015

Hammond Glen was nice as well as the common areas were nice. We had lunch there and the food was very good. The dining room was pleasant but the apartment was very small and I had a feeling of “institution” and it turned me off. They did say that they are under new management and that they are going to be making some changes. The staff that I met was very nice. The main impression when you walk in was not favorable. It’s like a nursing home. It wasn’t open and bright and was kind of dark.

May 15, 2015

The place was nice and clean, and the people were friendly. The only thing that I found difficult for me was that Hammond Glen was originally developed as an apartment house -- not a senior living community -- so all they had were apartments and parking lots. They have some grounds, but they haven't developed them into a park yet. I found that very difficult for myself because the only hobby I have is to walk, but the location is perfect. It is very close to the hospital and another senior center in the City of Sandy Springs, to which they provide transportation. They also have a limited number of assisted living openings, so it would have been a good place except for the fact that they have no grounds. The staff who took us around was very informative and very friendly.

October 13, 2013

By Diane40

Hammond Glen was our next choice. A senior service website helped me find this place. The staff was very helpful. They showed me around and told me everything. I was able to get an idea how my mom would live there. The apartments that they did have include kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms and bedrooms, which were fine, but my mom didn't really want to have to cook. Also, with their rent, they only include one meal a day. You have to pay extra if you want three meals. Their price was a little cheaper but it didn't include as much stuff. You have to pay extra for electricity, wireless internet, phone, etc. Overall, Hammond Glen is good for what they offer but it is not what I was looking for for my mother.

April 24, 2013

By Bill14

I went for a visit to Hammond Glen. I had a friend who taught art classes there and she spoke highly about the place. It was clean and neat. The staff seemed competent. The apartments were well-kept. The hallways were long and that was difficult for me because I could only walk for short distances. The facility was a little pricey for me.

September 30, 2011

By Gloriea

Hammond Glen is a unique assisted living facility. They provide quality care for seniors and the developmentally disabled of all ages. They provide quality eating facilities for my grandmother and she also has the option of eating in a dining room setting. They have 24 hour medical care and emergency care. My grandmother was relunctant to live on her own, but the facility has made it a lot easier. It was hard for me to see my grandmother in a assisted living facility. However, Hammond Glen made the transition very easy.I highly recommend Hammond Glenn. They are a clean facility with quality staff. They care about your loved ones. The also welcome the comments and suggestions from the residents, visitors, and relatives to make the facility more suitable for our love ones.Hammond Glenn is highly recommended by me and my family if you are looking for quality assisted living.

Costs for Hammond Glen Retirement Community

• Tai Chi

• Licenses: Personal Care
  • State Licenses: PCH005338

About Hammond Glen Retirement Community

In the very heart of Sandy Springs, close to shopping, medical services and a myriad of socializing possibilities, Hammond Glen offers the feel of the country and the convenience of the city. Since 1988, Hammond Glen has been a name synonymous with quality, vitality and the best value in senior living. With a diverse population and a warm and caring staff, Hammond Glen is a community with choices - choices that make life all that it can be.

Hammond Glen Senior Community has established a reputation of excellence in retirement living. Over the years the community has developed a warmth and constancy that speaks to you as soon as you enter the door. There is a hum of activity wherever you look and the residents and staff have created a welcoming family atmosphere second to none.

Offering the comfort of well-appointed apartments along with opportunities to meet new friends as well as participate in a multitude of events, attend social outings or simply play cards with friends, Hammond Glen presents a gracious lifestyle most sought after.

Conveniently located in Sandy Springs, Hammond Glen is situated to enable easy access to local restaurants, shopping and the offerings of downtown Atlanta: The Atlanta Symphony, the new Atlanta Aquarium, The Fox Theatre and much, much more.

Hammond Glen Senior Community is located in the city of Sandy Springs, Georgia, just north of Atlanta. Sandy Springs has long been considered one of the premier areas in which to live because of the quality of life offered. Close proximity to downtown Atlanta provides much in the way of entertainment with the symphony, the museums, as well as the Georgia Aquarium. In addition, the population of Sandy Springs brings together a multicultural cross section of people, all of whom contribute to the rich and diverse lifestyle experience. Nationally recognized hospitals such as Northside Hospital, St. Joseph

Map of Hammond Glen Retirement Community