157 Assisted Living Facilities near Sandy Springs, GA
With an average cost of $3,276 in Sandy Springs, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 38 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in Sandy Springs.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Sandy Springs, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sandy Springs
Bustling Sandy Springs, Georgia, is located in northern Fulton County and is part of the Atlanta-metro area. However, with a population of nearly 107,000, Sandy Springs is actually Georgia's fourth-largest city. Approximately 12.2 percent of the population of Sandy Springs is age 65 or older.
The Georgia Department of Community Health regulates assisted living facilities in Sandy Springs. In Georgia, assisted living facilities are specifically defined as personal care homes that serve at least 25 people and are licensed to provide "assisted living care," such as help with medications. There are 12 licensed assisted living facilities in the city of Sandy Springs, and many more in the surrounding areas, giving seniors plenty of choices to consider when making the move to an assisted living community.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sandy Springs
- With very little annual snow and over 200 sunny days each year, Sandy Springs is a good choice for seniors who enjoy warm, sunny weather. This southern city can get a little hot during the summer, however, with an average high in July of 89 degrees.
- One of the drawbacks to being in a major metropolitan area is that Sandy Spring's air quality is poor, especially due to high levels of ozone. Seniors who have breathing or other respiratory problems may need to keep this in mind.
- Sandy Springs does well compared to the national average of 22.7 with a violent crime index score of only 10.3. With a score of 37.3 for property crimes, Sandy Springs is fairly equal to the national average score of 35.4.
- The cost of living in Sandy Springs is relatively high with an index score of 148.7 compared to a national average of 153.8. Expensive housing and transportation costs shoulder most of the blame for this result.
- Sandy Springs has its own performing arts center and isn't far from major Atlanta attractions, including the High Museum of Art, the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and the Atlanta Aquarium.
- The Sandy Springs area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northside Hospital and Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sandy Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Sandy Springs start around $3,276 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sandy Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sandy Springs
Seniors in Sandy Springs may be eligible for financial assistance to pay for assisted living through two Medicaid waivers: Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) and Community Care Services Program (CCSP).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sandy Springs
Sandy Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sandy Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sandy Springs
Sandy Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sandy Springs
Review of Vernon Springs Senior Living, LLC
My father has been living at Vernon Springs for over a year now and he can not be happier! The facility is always very clean and has a very home like atmosphere. The staff is awesome! They are att... Read more
Review of Sandy Springs Place
Sandy Springs Place was top notch, but it's expensive. The staff was very professional, and the meals I saw were very decent. If I had the money, that would be the one to go to. They had top-of-the... Read more
Review of Vernon Springs Senior Living, LLC
Insignia of Sandy Springs is great. The cleanliness is good. The layout is good. The person who accommodated me was fine. She talked about the different ways and different options. I did not observ... Read more