4 Assisted Living Facilities in Jasper, GA
With an average cost of $2,750 in Jasper, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 5 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in Jasper.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Jasper, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jasper
The county seat of Pickens County, the city of Jasper is considered The Marble Capital of Georgia; seniors can visit the historic Tate House to see the pink marble housed there or visit a vineyard or explore the Cherokee heritage in the town.
Jasper is home to three assisted living facilities that are licensed by the Healthcare Facility Regulation, which is a branch of the Georgia Department of Health. There are a further nine facilities nearby. These facilities offer assistance for seniors with activities of daily living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jasper
- Jasper has a cost of living that is slightly less than the national cost-of-living index. The national index is 100; Jasper merits a score of 98. This score, however, is above the state cost-of-living index, which is 93.
- The Mountain Area Transportation System (MATS) offers public transportation buses to people living in Jasper as well as the county region that includes Pickens, Gilmer, Fannin, and Gordon. This service features a non-fixed route that takes riders to their destinations. Vehicles are equipped to help passengers who have disabilities.
- The city of Jasper is home to world-class medical facilities, including Piedmont Mountainside Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Pickens County Senior Life Services Center, located in Jasper, features programs and events for seniors that include health information classes, fitness sessions, music, Bingo, and more.
- Although many seniors enjoy Jasper’s overall pleasant climate, some may find its hot and humid summers to be challenging. The average July high in Jasper is 86 degrees. On the other hand, the city does experience mild winters; the average January low temperature is 30 degrees.
- Seniors considering a move to Jasper should note that the city does rate an average crime rate that exceeds both the state and national averages. The national average crime rate (per 100,000 people) is 2,837 and in the state is 3,402. The crime rate in Jasper (per 100,000 people) is 5,322.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jasper
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Jasper start around $2,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jasper and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jasper
Eligible seniors in Jasper do have access to financial assistance to pay for assisted living care in the state of Georgia. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (Source) are two Medicaid waiver programs in use in Georgia. Additionally, the state features an Independent Care Waiver Program (ICWP) that may offer financial assistance to eligible Georgia seniors in an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jasper
Jasper and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jasper, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jasper
Jasper-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jasper
Review of The Retreat at Jasper
I visited a friend at The Retreat at Jasper. The place was wonderful, and it was very nice. The staff were very attentive, open, and very friendly. There was absolutely nothing wrong with them. The... Read more
Review of Sonshine Manor Personal Care Home
Sonshine Manor Personal Care Home was a wonderful place. The people there were very caring. It was a very clean place, they watched after him, and the care they gave was phenomenal. Mom said she wa... Read more
Review of Rock Creek Manor
Rock Creek Manor was a nice place with good people. They had a facility in one building, and you had to drive down the road to get to the other building. The staff member was very helpful, nice, an... Read more