8 Assisted Living Facilities near Dawsonville, GA
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dawsonville area, with 3 in Dawsonville and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Dawsonville is $2,895 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Dahlonega with an average starting cost of $2,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 34 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dawsonville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dawsonville 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dawsonville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Dawsonville, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dawsonville
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of north Georgia, Dawsonville is a small community with friendly people and a quiet atmosphere for seniors looking for a mountain town to retire. The city has two assisted living facilities and there are 28 in nearby places like Oakwood, Cumming and Gainesville.
Referred to as Assisted Living Communities (ALCs), these facilities provide room and board, grooming, meals and other daily living tasks. ALCs provide for 25 or more seniors, while personal care homes must accommodate at least two. Both are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dawsonville
- Dawson Transit provides public transportation for seniors Monday through Friday on an advanced reservation basis. Reservations must be made at least 24-hours in advance, and all buses are ADA certified for those with disabilities.
- The city of Dawsonville is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Northside Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who live in Dawsonville and the state of Georgia don’t have to pay state income tax on Social Security Income (SSI) benefits. There is also a $65,000 deduction per person on other types of retirement income, which allows seniors to keep more of their money. The state doesn’t have an estate tax or inheritance tax.
- Seniors in assisted living communities in Dawsonville can feel safe when sightseeing or exploring the area due to the low crime rate in the city, which is 51 percent lower than the national average. People have a one in 75 chance of becoming a victim of any type of crime.
- The cost of living index in Dawsonville is 116.7, which is based on the national and the state average of 100. Seniors paying for an assisted living facility may find it challenging to have money left after expenses.
- Like many cities in the south, Dawsonville experiences extremely humid and hot summers with average highs around 87. Winters are generally short and cold with average lows around 30. The city rarely gets any snow, which may be ideal for seniors trying to escape snowy cities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dawsonville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Dawsonville start around $2,895 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dawsonville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dawsonville
Dawsonville and the state of Georgia have two Medicaid waiver programs that provide assistance to low-income seniors to help pay for assisted living care. This includes the Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE). Both are available for seniors in personal care homes with up to 24 beds. Individuals who prefer a private room may use family supplementation.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dawsonville
Dawsonville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dawsonville, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dawsonville
Dawsonville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dawsonville
Review of Tanglewood Personal Care Home
I visited Tanglewood and was amazed at how clean it was. The staff and owners appeared genuinely caring and friendly. The owners were a wealth of knowledge . They gave me contacts that made my life... Read more
Review of Tanglewood Personal Care Home
I have looked and checked many assisted living facilities for my mom. She has lived in a big corporate owner facility in the past. TANGLEWOOD is a great place for her, she enjoys the personal ca... Read more
Review of North Georgia Assisted Living
My mother is in North Georgia Assisted Living. I love it. It is a great, new facility. It is really wonderful. She is well taken care of, and the people who work there are great. The grounds and lo... Read more