44 Assisted Living Facilities near Acworth, GA
With an average cost of $3,725 in Acworth, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 19 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 3 facilities in Acworth.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Acworth, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Acworth
Situated in Cobb County, Acworth, Ga., has a population of over 22,000 with over 10 percent ages 65 and over. The 41 assisted living facilities in and around Acworth, Georgia, are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health. Such facilities are defined by the state as those having 25 or more residents. Assisted living facilities in Georgia provide help with daily tasks, such as dressing, bathing and eating
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Acworth
- It's easy to get around Acworth. In addition to the city being located right off I-75, the Metropolitan Atlanta Regional Transit Authority (MARTA) provides regular, scheduled public bus service between Acworth and Atlanta. For eligible seniors who need transportation to medical appointments, Cobb County provides curb-to-curb service with advance reservations.
- The Acworth area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Wellstar Acworth Health Park, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Located in central Georgia just north of Atlanta, Acworth is known for its warm, summers and mild winters. The average high temperature in January is 45 degrees Fahrenheit and 76 degrees in July.
- The Acworth, Georgia area offers a number of cultural sites, events and museums. Chief among these are Allatoona Creek Park with its miles of hiking and biking trails and the Booth Western Art Museum in nearby Cartersville. The majority of Acworth attractions and events offer senior discounts.
- Crime is less of a problem in Acworth than it is in many other parts of southeast Georgia. The crime rate in Acworth is just 4 percent lower than the national average and the city is safer than 46 percent of American cities.
- The City of Acworth provides a number of services for residents age 60 and older, including meals, transportation and free computer training. There is also a senior center in Acworth.
Paying for Assisted Living in Acworth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Acworth start around $3,725 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Acworth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Acworth
Two key state programs provide Medicaid-eligible seniors help with the cost of care: Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) and the Community Care Services Program (CCSP). The former provides assistance with intermediate-level nursing care in an assisted living environment, while the latter provides financial assistance for a lower level of care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Acworth
Acworth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Acworth, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Acworth
Acworth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Acworth, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Acworth
Review of Dogwood Forest of Acworth
Dogwood Forest of Acworth is a great location for us. My mom is going to have a full one-bedroom, one-bath type of apartment once she moves in. That means her bedroom has a totally separate door fr... Read more
Review of Celebration Village
I was a resident of Celebration Village. From the first floor it looked very nice and lovely, that's what got me there, but once you get above the first floor, forget it. The room was real terrible... Read more
Review of Overlook at Cedarcrest
Very beautiful place. Staff members we met with were very nice and informative. Just basically shopping the market right now and haven’t made any commitments. Did a virtual tour and things looked n... Read more