10 Assisted Living Facilities near Cartersville, GA
Also serving communities of White.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cartersville area, with 7 in Cartersville and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cartersville is $2,498 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Austell with an average starting cost of $2,145.
To help you with your search, browse the 44 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cartersville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cartersville 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Powder Springs with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cartersville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Cartersville, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cartersville
In addition to historic theatres and museums, Carterville, Ga. is home to a 12,000 acre lake, Lake Allatoona, where residents can picnic, stroll, and fish — among other things. Seniors may also want to explore Red Top Mountain State Park on Lake Allatoona for some additional excitement outside of their assisted living community.
The seven assisted living facilities in and around Cartersville, Georgia, are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health. Such facilities are defined by the state as those having 25 or more residents. Assisted living facilities in Georgia provide help with daily tasks, such as dressing, bathing and housekeeping.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cartersville
- Crime, particularly theft and property crime, is an increasing problem in Cartersville, as it is in many other parts of Georgia. The crime rate in Cartersville is 35 percent higher than the national average and the city is safer than just 20 percent of American cities.
- The City of Cartersville, Georgia and Bartow County provide a number of services for residents age 60 and older, including meals, transportation and legal services. There are also three senior centers in Cartersville.
- It's easy to get around Cartersville, Georgia. In addition to the city being located right off of I-75, Bartow County Transit provides regular, on-demand public bus service to county residents. Bartow County also provides curb-to-curb service for medical appointments to senior center members with advance reservations.
- The Cartersville, Georgia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cartersville Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Located in northwest Georgia, Cartersville is known for its warm, summers and mild winters. The average high temperature in January is 53 degrees Fahrenheit and 92 degrees in July.
- The Cartersville, Georgia area offers a number of recreational opportunities, events and museums. Chief among these the Booth Western Art Museum, the Tellus Science Museum and the Bartow History Museum. The majority of Cartersville attractions and events offer senior discounts.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cartersville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Cartersville start around $2,498 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cartersville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cartersville
The federal and state governments offer a number of programs to provide financial assistance to eligible Cartersville, Georgia seniors to help pay for an assisted living facility. These include Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE), the Community Care Services Program and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cartersville
Cartersville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cartersville, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cartersville
Cartersville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Cartersville, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cartersville
Review of Tranquility of Cartersville
My dad will be going to Tranquility of Cartersville. It is a smaller home with only about 26 residents. It's very close to where he lives and also close to the nursing home where my mother is a res... Read more
Review of Fite Living Centre
This is such a loving, caring place for my mother. She loves the home cooking and the caregivers that love her. Fite is a beautiful 1890 Victorian home with original wood floors. The staff keep mom... Read more
Review of Highlands Senior Living Memory Care
This facility has been recently renovated and upgraded. They offer Personal Care and Memory Care with good value for the cost. Very convenient, next to the High School. Read more