12 Assisted Living Facilities near Fredericksburg, VA
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fredericksburg area, with 11 in Fredericksburg and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fredericksburg is $3,879 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Stafford with an average starting cost of $3,417.
To help you with your search, browse the 137 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fredericksburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fredericksburg 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Culpeper with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 26 families in Fredericksburg find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fredericksburg, call (855) 863-8283.
11 Assisted Living Facilities in Fredericksburg, VA
1 Assisted Living Facility near Fredericksburg, VA
Other Options in Fredericksburg, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fredericksburg
Review of Greenfield of Spotsylvania
We were treated at Greenfield of Spotsylvania just fine. It was actually my motherin-law's birthday that day, and they had cupcakes, cookies, and balloons for her, and they sang for her. We were i... Read more
Review of Fredericksburg Assisted Living
Everybody at Fredericksburg Assisted Living was more than willing to help since I had to move my mother-in-law on a transfer board when we were there which is a bit of a learning, and they were rig... Read more
Review of Bickford of Spotsylvania
Bickford of Spotsylvania is a beautiful and gorgeous facility, but clearly out of our price range. It looked more like a hotel to me than an assisted living because they didn't have medication cart... Read more
Assisted Living near Fredericksburg City, VA
More Options Near Fredericksburg, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg, Virginia, is a town steeped in history. It's home to four major battlefields and has connections to both colonial times and the Civil War. History buffs may enjoy Spotsylvania National Military Park and the Fredericksburg National Cemetery, where thousands of Union soldiers are buried. Fredericksburg has more to offer seniors, including 13 assisted living facilities. 11 of these are located within Fredericksburg, and the other two are in neighboring towns. All these facilities are regulated by Virginia's Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fredericksburg
- The cost of living in Fredericksburg is 23 percent higher than the national average and 15 percent higher than the Virginia average. Seniors living in the area may find that everyday goods and services are more expensive here than in other cities.
- The crime rate in Fredericksburg is 40 percent higher than the national average. Seniors and other residents have a one in 26 chance of becoming a victim of either a property crime or violent crime.
- The Fredericksburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mary Washington Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Fredericksburg is fairly stable in terms of temperature. The fall and winter months see highs ranging in the mild 40s, while the summer months usually hover around the mid-80s to the low 90s. There is a high amount of monthly precipitation, however, so seniors may find it difficult to spend much time outdoors.
- The air quality in Fredericksburg is 1 percent better than the national average, with a pollution index that is 87 percent better than the country's median. This means that seniors with lung conditions will have clean air to breathe for much of the year.
- Fredericksburg offers seniors many transportation options, including a Mobility Options program that can help them get to medical appointments, shopping and other locations.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fredericksburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Fredericksburg start around $3,879 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fredericksburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fredericksburg
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fredericksburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.