32 Assisted Living Facilities near Manassas, VA
Also serving communities of Gainesville.
There are 32 Assisted Living Facilities in the Manassas area, with 6 in Manassas and 26 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Manassas is $4,088 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 200 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Manassas. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Manassas 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Burke with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Manassas find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Manassas, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Manassas, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Manassas
The Northern Virginia town of Manassas is just a short drive outside the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and is best known for its rich American history, including being the site of the Battle of Bull Run fought during the Civil War. Beyond these historical foundations, Manassas is a also a charming community that is ideal for seniors, who comprise over 9 percent of the community's population. There are 50 assisted living facilities in the Manassas area, though many of these also serve the D.C. suburbs of Fairfax and Centreville. The Virginia Department of Social Services regulates and licenses all of these ALFs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Manassas
- Manassas weather averages are consistent with the four seasons, so seniors will need a regular rotation of clothing throughout the year. Winter lows are in the mid-20s and Springs are usually quite cold until May. Summer highs peak in the upper 80s for July and August.
- The air quality in Manassas is good to fair throughout the year, due primarily to the pollution from the nearby Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. While it doesn’t necessarily damage a senior's health, it can lead to shortness of breath or other minor breathing issues over time.
- When it comes to cost of living in Manassas, it is predictably more expensive to live in than the state of Virginia or the national averages as a whole. Most of this is due to housing, which is almost double the national average. However, seniors will have to pay more for things on a daily basis like groceries, utilities and transportation are also noticeably higher as well.
- The Manassas crime rate is higher than the state of Virginia average but lower than the national average overall. Because of this, it is considered 29 percent safer than most American cities, which is something seniors should be aware of when venturing around town.
- The Area Agency on Aging in Prince William County, where Manassas is located in Virginia, offers a number of different senior services, including transportation around the area. Senior discounts are available to those who are 65 years of age or older on various forms of public transportation, like bus fares on the PRTC or train fares on Amtrak.
- Manassas has no/few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospitals located in the Fairfax / Washington D.C. area.
Paying for Assisted Living in Manassas
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Manassas start around $4,088 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Manassas and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Manassas
An Auxiliary Grant is available to offset the cost of assisted living. The Alzheimer’s Assisted Living Waiver is a Medicaid waiver created by the state of Virginia meant to pay for assisted living facilities to those who are 55 years or older and are suffering from Alzheimer’s or a related form of dementia. However, it will only be covered by the state’s Medicaid program if the ALF that the senior is moving into is considered a “safe and secure” environment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Manassas
Manassas and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Manassas, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Manassas
Manassas-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Manassas, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Manassas
Review of Paramount Senior Living at Manassas
My father moved into Paramount Senior Living at Manassas. We are very thankful. Everyone that we have worked with there has been very pleasant and open about any questions that we had. It's been ov... Read more
Review of Arbor Terrace at Sudley Manor
My mom loves it at Arbor Terrace at Sudley Manor. The staff is very enthusiastic, caring, and great about getting her involved in activities. It's just a great place, and we like it. She loves the ... Read more
Review of Fox Trail Assisted Living at Manassas
My dad is currently a 3 year resident at Fox Trail Senior Living. I'm very grateful for all Chelsie the director and her staff have done to keep my dad enjoying his stay at Fox Trail. Chelsie ac... Read more