13 Assisted Living Facilities near Woodbridge, VA
Also serving communities of Lake Ridge, Lorton.
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Woodbridge area, with 6 in Woodbridge and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Woodbridge is $5,149 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,741. Cheaper nearby regions include Springfield with an average starting cost of $4,416.
To help you with your search, browse the 94 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Woodbridge. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Woodbridge 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Burke with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 11 families in Woodbridge find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Woodbridge, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Woodbridge, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Woodbridge
Woodbridge, Virginia, is located 20 miles from Washington D.C. and is home to the Occoquan Bay Wildlife Refuge and the Leesylvania State Park. The town is part of Prince William County, which has 468,011 residents, 9.9% of whom are aged 65 years and older. Senior residents who need help with activities of daily living can choose from the area's five assisted living facilities.
The Virginia Department of Social Services - Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services licenses assisted living facilities, (which are indeed officially known as assisted living facilities (ALFs)) in Woodbridge and throughout the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Woodbridge
- The Woodbridge area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Woodbridge seniors who wish to maximize their retirement wealth benefit from a number of tax advantages. Virginia does not tax social security, and only partially taxes withdrawals from retirement accounts. The state also only levies partial tax on public and private pension income.
- Seniors concerned about safety will appreciate that crime in Woodbridge is well below the national average. Violent crime is especially low, with a score of 13 out of 100, compared to the US average of 22.7 out of 100.
- Woodbridge experiences cold winters, with an average mid-January low of 27 degrees, and hot summers, with mid-July highs of 87 degrees. Seniors can talk to their ALF providers about how to stay comfortable in extreme weather.
- The cost of living in Woodbridge is significantly higher than the national average, which is a concern for seniors on a budget. Nearly all spending sectors are more expensive than the average in the rest of the country. For example, seniors can expect to pay 70% more on housing than elsewhere in the United States.
- Seniors in Woodbridge can enjoy socializing at the area's two senior centers which offer health and wellness programs as well as door to door transport for a reduced fee.
Paying for Assisted Living in Woodbridge
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Woodbridge start around $5,149 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Woodbridge and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Woodbridge
Woodbridge seniors have limited options for help affording assisted living, as Virginia does not provide Medicaid waivers for this service. Seniors can inquire about the Adult Services program, which is offered through the Virginia Department of Social Services. This program provides seniors with screenings to determine their eligibility for assisted living facilities.
Eligible Woodbridge residents can apply for the Auxiliary Grant (AG) program, which is also administered by the Virginia Department of Social Services - Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services. The AG program offers direct financial assistance on a monthly basis to help cover the costs of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Woodbridge
Woodbridge and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Woodbridge, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Woodbridge
Woodbridge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Woodbridge, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Woodbridge
Review of Potomac Place Assisted Living and Memory Care
We went to Potomac Place Assisted Living and Memory Care. The staff was knowledgeable. It was a lot smaller place than the other one. I met a couple of people. They seemed very friendly, and very o... Read more
Review of Brookdale Lake Ridge
My mother was supposed to move into Brookdale Lake Ridge, but she passed away. The staff was very knowledgeable. They seemed like they knew the residents when we walked by them, and they were very ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Lake Ridge
I went to Brookdale Lake Ridge, and I saw the facility. It was clean, it was welcoming, and it was organized. Nice décor, nice setting, and convenient. They had a calendar of events that went on fo... Read more