11 Assisted Living Facilities near Woodbridge, VA
Also serving communities of Lorton.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Woodbridge area, with 5 in Woodbridge and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Woodbridge is $5,426 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Springfield with an average starting cost of $4,424.
To help you with your search, browse the 69 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Woodbridge. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Woodbridge 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Burke with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Woodbridge, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Woodbridge, VA
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Woodbridge, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Woodbridge
Woodbridge is a small community located just 20 miles south of the nation's capital. It is home to Potomac Mills Mall, one of the largest outlet malls in the region, as well as the Occoquan Bay National Wildlife Refuge, which features meadows, marshes and woods. While this community is rich in amenities, it has just over 4,000 residents, about 10% of whom are aged 65 and over.
The Woodbridge area has nearly a dozen assisted living facilities, including five in the city itself. These assisted living facilities are licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Woodbridge
- Woodbridge is a relatively expensive city to live in, which may be a consideration for seniors who have tight retirement budgets. Overall, living expenses are about 30% higher than the national average and roughly 15% higher than the statewide average.
- Woodbridge's overall crime rate is lower than the national average. On a 100-point index, the city's violent crime rate is 10 points lower than the national average at 12.0, and the property crime rate is slightly lower than the national average at 33.2. This may provide peace of mind for active seniors relocating to the area.
- In Woodbridge, as in the entire state, Social Security income is not subject to state income tax, and there is a large deduction that seniors can claim against all other types of retirement income.
- Woodbridge's climate is similar to the rest of Virginia, with hot summers and cool winters. July is the hottest month of the year with average temperatures around 87 degrees and an average of nine hot days with temperatures about 85. The coolest month of the year is January when lows are around 27 degrees, and an average of 22 days having freezing temperatures. Seniors who prefer seasonal weather may enjoy Woodbridge's climate.
- The Woodbridge area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center and Potomac Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- According to the American Lung Association, ozone pollution levels in the Woodbridge area are moderate. On high ozone days, seniors who have conditions like asthma or COPD may want to stay indoors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Woodbridge
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Woodbridge start around $5,426 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Woodbridge and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Woodbridge
Virginia's Auxiliary Grant may pay for assisted living services for qualified seniors living in Woodbridge.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Woodbridge
Woodbridge and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Woodbridge, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Woodbridge
Woodbridge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Woodbridge, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Woodbridge
Review of Brookdale Lake Ridge
The staff at Brookdale Lake Ridge is very positive, very involved, very caring, and they make certain that you feel comfortable. I've had more calls from them in the last two weeks than I've had fr... Read more
Review of Tribute at The Glen
Tribute at The Glen was a beautiful facility, but it was way too pricey. It's all brand new. The staff member was very informative, very friendly, knew the facility, and seemed to know all of the p... Read more
Review of Tribute at The Glen
My father is at Tribute at The Glen. It is a very nice community. They have excellent staff members. The rooms are very nice and very well appointed. They have lots of different activities. They're... Read more