43 Assisted Living Facilities near Annandale, VA
There are 43 Assisted Living Facilities in the Annandale area, with 2 in Annandale and 41 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 362 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Annandale. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Annandale 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Springfield with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Annandale, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Annandale, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Annandale
In the 17th century, modern-day Annandale was the site of one of Northern Virginia’s largest tobacco plantations, Ravensworth. By 1830, the plantation owners had moved on, and Ravensworth was renamed “Annandale” after a village in Scotland. Today, the city is home to approximately 41,000 people, and 13.5% are seniors. To serve the area’s senior population, there are 44 assisted living facilities in the area, with two located inside city limits. Annandale’s assisted living facilities are licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Annandale
- Annandale is connected to destinations in Virginia, Maryland and D.C. through the Metrobus service. Seniors can purchase discounted 10-ride and monthly passes. In addition to public transit, eligible Fairfax County seniors have access to discounted taxi vouchers.
- Annandale seniors can take advantage of the area’s many attractions. Seniors can enjoy trail walks and nature watching at the Hidden Oaks Nature Center or attend performances at the Richard J. Ernst Community Cultural Center. The city is also known for its many authentic Korean restaurants.
- Out of 228 metropolitan areas analyzed by the American Lung Association (ALA), Washington-Baltimore-Arlington ranks 16th for high ozone days. The ALA warns that seniors and people with respiratory diseases are especially vulnerable to the effects of ozone.
- Annandale’s cost of living is 69.5% higher than the U.S. average. This is largely driven by the city’s extremely high housing costs. However, seniors will encounter higher prices in other areas. Transportation is a whopping 50.9% more expensive than the national norm. Seniors should carefully consider their budgets before choosing to retire in Annandale.
- Recently, Virginia was ranked the 7th best state for retirement by Kiplinger, and its retiree-friendly tax policies helped it reach the top of the list. Social Security benefits aren’t taxed in the state, and senior residents can deduct as much as $12,000 of their income.
- The Annandale area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Inova Fairfax Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Annandale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Annandale start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Annandale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Annandale
The state does not currently provide funding for assisted living services through its Medicaid program. However, other funding sources are available. Seniors who live in Annandale’s assisted living facilities may be eligible to receive financial assistance through the Auxiliary Grant Program. This income supplement is available to seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Annandale
Annandale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Annandale, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Annandale
Annandale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Annandale, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Annandale
Review of Brightview Woodburn
The rooms are spacious and very well equipped with micro-wave and refrigerator. The staff are incredible. They are helpful and available. In normal times the residents enjoy daily activities s... Read more
Review of Brightview Woodburn
My mother is in Brightview Woodburn. It's an excellent facility and a great community. The staff, physical appearance and cleanliness are outstanding. They have daily activities, music, movies, exe... Read more
Review of Brightview Woodburn
I have nothing positive to say about Brightview Woodburn in Annandale, unfortunately. The management is terrible and it's very poorly-managed. Mostly the nurses are untrained and the morale is terr... Read more