41 Assisted Living Facilities near Falls Church, VA
There are 41 Assisted Living Facilities in the Falls Church area, with 3 in Falls Church and 38 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Falls Church is $4,611 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 305 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Falls Church. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Falls Church 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mclean with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Falls Church, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Falls Church, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Falls Church
Falls Church was one of America's original colonial settlements, and the city prides itself on its ethnic diversity. Seniors who enjoy being a part of a culturally rich town and who are looking for assistance with daily living tasks have 61 assisted living facilities (ALF) in the area. Three of these are located in Falls Church itself, and the rest are located in neighboring towns.
There are several different types of ALFs in Virginia, with some focusing more on the community aspect of living and others focusing more on the individual and helping them to maintain their independence. All of these assisted living facilities are regulated and overseen by Virginia's Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Falls Church
- The cost of living in Falls Church is 61 percent higher than the state average and 73 percent higher than the national average. Seniors on a budget should note that everything may be more expensive here.
- The crime rate in Falls Church is 39 percent better than the national average, making it a very safe place for seniors to live.
- The Falls Church area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Dominion Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Falls Church is fair. The winter months see an average high of around 40-50 degrees while the summer months experience highs in the upper 80s and low 90s. Most months see an average of 2-3 inches of rain.
- The air quality index in Falls Church is 1 percent better than the national average, and the pollution index is 95 percent better. This makes Falls Church an ideal place for seniors with respiratory conditions.
- The Falls Church government provides seniors with multiple transportation options, all of which are handicap-accessible so seniors can maintain their independence while getting to doctor's appointments, doing their grocery shopping and getting around town in general.
Paying for Assisted Living in Falls Church
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Falls Church start around $3,882 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Falls Church and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Falls Church
Eligible seniors can apply for financial help for assisted living in Falls Church and the rest of Virginia through the Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus Medicaid Waiver (CCC+), which may help cover the cost of their care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Falls Church
Falls Church and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Falls Church, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Falls Church
Falls Church-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Falls Church, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Falls Church
Review of Avalon House On High Street
Avalon House was awesome, they have a very nice setup. I like the fact that it's homey and smaller. They only have eight residents living at that home, and a maximum of eight at any given time. Eve... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Falls Church
Be wary. We've used two Sunrise facilities and they are chronically understaffed. This one was by far the worst of the two. The physical facility is nicer than many of the older outdated "Victor... Read more
Review of Chesterbrook Residences
My 86 year old mother was at Chesterbrook Residences for 9 month before she died peacefully in her sleep from heart problems. She loved Chesterbrook Residences, her apartment, the people there who... Read more