43 Assisted Living Facilities near Springfield, VA
Also serving communities of Fort Belvoir.
There are 43 Assisted Living Facilities in the Springfield area, with 5 in Springfield and 38 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Springfield is $4,551 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 347 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Springfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Springfield 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Burke with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Springfield find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Springfield, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Springfield, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Springfield
Located in Fairfax County and approximately 25 minutes from downtown Washington D.C., Springfield provides all the amenities of the big city for seniors in a quiet and family-friendly community. Seniors can explore the personal care options at one of the 64 area assisted living facilities, which are regulated by the Virginia Department of Social Services. These communities provide two different levels of care, minimal or moderate assistance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Springfield
- In Springfield, summers are warm and muggy, with highs around 88 degrees. The humidity in the summer months may make it difficult for seniors with breathing difficulties to venture outdoors. Winters are cold, with lows around 26, and the city gets around 17 inches of snow each year.
- For seniors living in Springfield, the cost of living index is 161, which is considerably higher than the national average of 100 and higher than the state average of 114. Seniors on a budget may have a hard time trying to makes ends meet while living in the city.
- The overall crime rating in Springfield is higher than the national average, which may be a concern for seniors who want to live in the area. For property crime, the city ranked 43.4, which is higher than the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is ranked 37.6 in comparison to the national average of 31.1.
- The Fairfax County Taxi Voucher provides a Seniors-On-the-Go program for rides to and from daily errands and medical appointments. Rides are available for free or at discount prices.
- The Springfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Springfield Medical Center and Inova, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Springfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Northern Virginia Aging Network, an organization that works to improve the lives of seniors in the area, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Springfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Springfield start around $4,551 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Springfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Springfield
In Springfield, the Medicaid State Waiver Program may help seniors pay for specific skilled nursing care and other types of treatments, Eligibility for the waiver is based on the ability to meet the state's nursing facility level of care criteria, and the senior must also receive the Federal Supplemental Security Income Payment (SSI). The state of Virginia also provides an Optional State Supplement (OSS) to low-income, blind and disabled seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Springfield
Springfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Springfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Springfield
Springfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Springfield
Review of Greenspring
My issue is concerning the storage bins on site for residents. I had a suitcase in a relative's storage bin for a few weeks. When it was retrieved several small expensive items were missing. Blood ... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Springfield
Sunrise of Springfield was nice. It was wonderful. They had good customer service. The lady that took me around and gave me the tour did a good job. I mean, I don't have anything bad to say. As far... Read more
Review of Greenspring
I was visiting somebody that lived in a senior living community. Everybody was very happy, very cordial, and very welcoming. Food was good. We were just visiting a friend. I went there off of Fairf... Read more