61 Assisted Living Facilities near Vienna, VA
There are 61 Assisted Living Facilities in the Vienna area, with 3 in Vienna and 58 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Vienna is $5,983 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Falls Church with an average starting cost of $5,680.
To help you with your search, browse the 359 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Vienna. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Vienna 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Vienna, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Vienna, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Vienna
Named by HomeSnacks in 2019 as the best place to live in Virginia, Vienna is a safe and culturally rich city in the suburbs of Washington D.C. that's home to more than 2,200 residents aged 65 and over. While there are only two assisted living facilities located within the city limits of Vienna, there are 56 communities nearby to accommodate the local senior population.
The state of Virginia officially recognizes these communities in Vienna and the surrounding areas as assisted living facilities (ALFs). They are licensed and regulated by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Vienna
- Fairfax County, where Vienna is located, gets a passing grade for annual particle pollution and an F for ozone pollution. On average, the city will experience a few high ozone days per year, so seniors should check the daily air quality before going outside.
- Seniors who reside in Vienna should feel safe indoors and outdoors knowing that crime is very low. The rate of violent crime is 15.7 points below the national average of 22.7 and 7.4 points below the Virginia average of 14.4.
- Vienna has a variety of arts and culture for seniors in the community to enjoy. The Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts host everything from live music, including opera, to movies and plays. The Freeman Store and Museum is an important Civil War landmark that has a lot of artifacts from the period.
- Seniors in Vienna have access to several public transportation options. The western terminus of the Washington Metro Orange Line is just south of town and provides access to Washington D.C. and the rest of the metro area. There are also numerous Fairfax County bus routes in town.
- Vienna is considered an expensive place to live, so seniors looking for assisted living on a tight income may not find the area affordable. The cost of living here is 110.3 points higher than the national average of 100.
- Vienna has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Arlington.
Paying for Assisted Living in Vienna
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Vienna start around $5,983 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Vienna and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Vienna
Seniors in Vienna who meet certain financial requirements may be eligible for Virginia's Auxiliary Grants (AG) program. This supplemental monthly payment can be used to pay for an officially licensed assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Vienna
Vienna and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Vienna, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Vienna
Vienna-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Vienna
Review of Greenbrier Assisted Living
My mother moved to Greenbrier after suffering a kidney failure, and leaving her home of 20 years to live near me. I can’t say enough about the people who work there! They are truly the most caring ... Read more
Review of Greenbrier Assisted Living
My Mother is a resident at the GB, I could not ask for a better caring place for her. When I leave there after visiting with her, I know she is in a good hand and she is very happy there. Great ... Read more
Review of Tysons Woods Assisted Living
Tysons Woods was a great place. It was small and had very few residents. The staff was very accommodating and very helpful on the tour. The grounds were beautiful. The rooms are just bedrooms insid... Read more