82 Assisted Living Facilities near Mclean, VA
There are 82 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mclean area, with 4 in Mclean and 78 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mclean is $5,859 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Falls Church with an average starting cost of $5,680.
To help you with your search, browse the 454 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mclean. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mclean 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Falls Church with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mclean, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Mclean, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in McLean
McLean has a rich history that stretches back to 1902 when John R. McLean and Senator Stephen Elkins got a charter to operate an electrified railroad, which would make it easy for sightseers to see the Great Falls of the Potomac. Today, the city has more than 48,000 residents, roughly one in five of whom are aged 65 and over.
Seniors seeking out assisted living in the McLean area have over five dozen options to choose from, including the four assisted living facilities that are in McLean proper. These facilities are regulated by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in McLean
- According to the American Lung Association, ozone pollution levels in Fairfax County are high, with the county receiving an F for this type of pollution. However, particle pollution levels are low, with the organization giving the county a B for short-term particle pollution levels and a passing score for annual particle pollution levels. This may be a consideration for seniors who are researching assisted living options in McLean.
- Virginia does not impose state income tax on Social Security benefits, and up to $12,000 in all other types of retirement income may be deducted. This may allow seniors to put more money toward assisted living expenses in McLean.
- McLean is a relatively safe community, which may provide peace of mind for seniors and their families. On a 100-point safety index, McLean is rated 59, indicating that the city is safer than 59 percent of U.S. cities of all sizes.
- The McLean area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Tyson's Corner Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- McLean is a relatively expensive place to live, with an overall cost of living that is well over double both the state and national average. While this is mainly due to the high cost of real estate, groceries and transportation expenses are also higher than in the nation as a whole, which may affect the cost of assisted living.
- Over the course of a year, temperatures in McLean range between 25 degrees and 86 degrees, which may be well-suited for seniors who enjoy experiencing four distinct seasons. The city receives about 44 inches of rainfall and 20 inches of snowfall annually, versus the national averages of 38 inches and 28 inches, respectively.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in McLean
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Mclean start around $5,859 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mclean and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in McLean
Seniors in Mclean who meet requirements for SSI can also benefit from Virginia's Auxiliary Grant, which helps pay assisted living fees.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in McLean
McLean and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in McLean, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in McLean
McLean-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mclean
Review of The Potomac House
For the past 10+ years, I have been overseeing the care of my 89-year-old mother, who has multiple physical disabilities, and Potomac House is the third assisted living facility she has lived in. W... Read more
Review of The Potomac House
My sister stayed at The Potomac House. It wasn't quite what we thought it would be. They were able to handle her feeding tube, but they tended to be late with the medications. All the other residen... Read more
Review of Arleigh Burke Pavilion - Assisted Living & Long-term Care
I moved to Arleigh Burke Pavilion. It is a top of the line place. They have exercise five days a week and a gym. They have a doctor in-house, although my daughter takes me to my doctor. The staff's... Read more