Sunrise of McLean

Reviews of Sunrise of McLean

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of McLean

March 27, 2014

By Susan88671850

Sunrise of McLean, from all other facilities, was the one we thought was the most suitable. Dad is on their dementia floor. The facility is very nice. The rooms are good, and the food is of very high quality. They do have many activities. They bring in people who play music, or they play games. I like that the staff are very attentive; they talk to my father a lot and interact with him. They are very, very friendly and very helpful.

May 25, 2012

By cherrypie3

I found the employees and staff to be particularly nice and thoughtful although one in particular was not this way. I was given a tour of the facility and felt that they offered a good deal to their patients as well as providing family involvement and supportive services. The facilities were nice although the rooms did seem some what small and I would of liked to see the residents interacting more as many of them were closed off in their rooms watching tv or sleeping.

August 01, 2011

By storm78

My grandparents lived in Sunrise for several years. They moved there from another facility located in D.C. to be closer to our family, and because Sunrise has a good Alzheimer's unit, which my grandmother badly needed.The facilities here are beautiful. There is a nice garden to stroll in, and the lobby is spacious and has an eating area and a large common area, as well as side meeting areas. My grandparents' apartment was large and comfortable. The Alzheimer's unit on the third floor has a lot of activities for the patients to use, such as a piano, dress up clothes and playthings. Alzheimer's patients get their own kitchen on this floor and the nursing staff is extremely helpful and friendly.Grandpa was a little annoyed because on the third floor there are no locks on the doors and thus Alzheimer's patients would wander in and out of his room without him being able to stop them. While annoying, I understand why they would have a policy of no locked doors here.What we liked most about this facility was definitely the staff. My grandmother behaved very difficultly at this time and the staff was very understanding and compassionate with all of us.

Photos of Sunrise of McLean