Prince George’s County has deep historical roots and is part of the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. The county has a population of 909,327 people, of whom 13.9% are seniors, which is lower than the national average. The county gets warm, rainy summers and chilly winters with low levels of snowfall. Residents of Prince George’s County can enjoy close proximity to famed tourist attractions such as the MGM National Harbor Casino and the Capital Wheel, a massive Ferris wheel that offers expansive area views. The county also has a range of historical attractions, including the National Colonial Farm at Piscataway Park and the Surratt House Museum, former residence of John Wilkes Booth.

There are dozens of assisted living communities located throughout Prince George’s County. They cost an average of $5,000, which is higher than the national median. However, Maryland offers some tax incentives for seniors that can help make assisted living here more affordable.

Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Prince George’s County, MD

Brookdale Woodward Estates

14997 Health Center Drive, Bowie, MD, 20716

My mother moved into Brookdale Woodward Estates in April. The first week or so, I had to go toe to toe with a couple of people about some of their staff procedures. My mother called me at almost 6:00 … (read more)

Charter Senior Living at Bowie

7600 Laurel Bowie Road, Bowie, MD, 20715

I toured Charter Senior Living at Bowie for my aunt. I thought the building was very nice, what I saw there was very nice as well, this would be a great place for her to live. The staff members were a … (read more)

Morningside House of Laurel

7700 Cherry Lane, Laurel, MD, 20707

I went to see Morningside House of Laurel. I was looking for level 3 assisted living for my husband but they were too expensive. It was very nice though, very clean, and didn’t smell like anything. I … (read more)

Henson Creek Assisted Living

5075 Temple Hills Road, Temple Hills, MD, 20748

My tour at Henson Creek Assisted Living was ok. It was nice but kind of dark since it’s an older building. I wasn’t impressed with the facility. The staff that gave the tour was very pleasant and very … (read more)

Russell Residence

3608 Baskerville Dr, Bowie, MD, 20721

Russell Residence is nice and has a home setting. It’s close to my home and is in a residential neighborhood. My aunt seems to like it, so far. She’s not with a lot of other patients, it is a nice siz … (read more)

Bowie Assisted Living, Inc.

12001 Lanham Severn Rd, Bowie, MD, 20720

Bowie Assisted Living, Inc. had a lot of character. People were up and about. Some were in their rooms, some were getting their nails done, some were playing games, and some were watching TV. The owne … (read more)

Majestic Assisted Living Home

12025 Birchview Drive, Clinton, MD, 20735

Majestic Assisted Living Home has the best care I’ve ever encountered. They truly love their residents and I’m incredibly grateful to host my grandpa at their residence. He’s full of laughter an … (read more)

Prince of Peace I

213 Surrey Circle Drive, Fort Washington, MD, 20744

Prince of Peace I was OK, but it wasn’t exactly the type of setting that we were looking for. I didn’t see many amenities or activities. The owner has a room for five, but she has four right now. It’s … (read more)

Access Care Assisted Living

3903 Claxton Pl, Bowie, MD, 20715

Access Care Assisted Living was clean and very open. I saw people working with other residents. Some were playing games and some were watching television. Everyone was out and about. No one was really … (read more)

Northview Assisted Living Facility

8607 North Drive, Clinton, MD, 20735

We were looking for an assisted living home for our elderly aunt. The owner of Northview Assisted Living gave our family a very inclusive tour of the home (where she lives). We were impressed with t … (read more)

Lifesprings Eldercare #1

4107 Buck Creek Road, Temple Hills, MD, 20748

My Mom has been a resident at Lifesprings Eldercare since July of 2018. I was moving Mom from a place I loved to a place closer to me and was worried about how it would go! From the moment we walked … (read more)

Malta House

4916-18 LaSalle Road, Hyattsville, MD, 20782

Very unprofessional. Very poor leadership.Would not recommend this place to anyone.

George Assisted Living Facility

6908 Noah Dr, Fort Washington, MD, 20744

I went to see George Assisted Living Facility’s assisted living. It was okay and the staff was friendly. They were watching the news when I got there because it was in the evening. The staff said that … (read more)

Resilient Care Assisted Living

10807 Maiden Dr, Bowie, MD, 20720

I toured the Resilient Care Assisted Living and they were very friendly. The staff showed me everything, took the time to talk to me, and we talked to some of the residents there too. We walked throug … (read more)

Cosze Health Assisted Living

15709 Bradford Drive, Laurel, MD, 20707

The Cosze Health Assisted Living facility was laid out nicely and the home was immaculately clean. The facility manager was very warm, very welcoming, answered all my questions, and gave a tour of the … (read more)

Angel Assisted Living, LLC

8919 Hickory Hill Avenue, Lanham, MD, 20706

The tour I had with Angel Assisted Living, LLC was good. It’s like a home. The staff was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions The facility was clean and looked pretty good. They had laundr … (read more)

Judy Comfort and Care Assisted Living

12401 Molly Berry Road, Upper Marlboro, MD, 20772

Judy Comfort and Care Assisted Living was a nice and warm setting. It’s very homey and it has a lot of properties outside, around the house itself, like a country setting. They have very caring facili … (read more)

Hillhaven Assisted Living, Nursing & Rehab Center

3210 Powder Mill Road, Adelphi, MD, 20783

I have YET to get a straight answer about anything over the past 5 months. All I get is "call back later when someone else is here". SIMPLE questions. Like where did this package from Amazon go? What … (read more)

Holy Hills Assisted Living

2808 Folsom Lane, Bowie, MD, 20715

Holy Hills Assisted Living was clean and bright. It was a smaller home, which is what I was looking for. There was a lot of sunlight coming into it. Everyone was friendly and very knowledgeable. I was … (read more)

A.C.E. Assisted Living, LLC

12704 Milan Way, Bowie, MD, 20715

Paying for Assisted Living in Prince George’s County

Because of its location in the greater Baltimore area, Prince George’s County shares the city’s average assisted living cost of $5,000 per month. According to Genworth’s 2020 Cost of Care Survey, this is the same as the state average. However, the assisted living cost in Prince George’s County is $700 more expensive than the national average of $4,300.

The Cost of Assisted Living in Nearby Cities

Assisted living prices in Maryland and the nearby area vary widely, and costs in Prince George’s County are right in the middle. Costs are more affordable in Hagerstown, which has the state’s lowest average assisted living rate. At $4,500, it’s $500 per month cheaper than the St. George’s County average. Nearby Cumberland is only a little more expensive at $4,665. Close to the Atlantic coast, Salisbury has a more expensive average at $5,500. California has the highest assisted living prices in the state, at $6,200, which is $1,200 more than in Prince George’s County. Across the border in the neighboring state of Pennsylvania, seniors in York pay a similar average cost of $5,550 per month.

$5000

Philadelphia, PA

$6200

California

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Prince George’s County

Seniors in the Maryland area may be eligible for assistance with funding from the Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy program

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Prince George's County

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Prince George’s County

ResourceContact Service
Prince George’s County Aging and Disabilities Services Division(301) 265-8450The county’s Aging and Disabilities Services Division helps seniors stay healthy as they age by providing a range of information and advocacy programs. It offers evidence-based health promotion education and assistance with Medicare applications. The long-term care ombudsman helps keep seniors informed and in control of their rights and volunteer opportunities give seniors of all mobility levels a chance to stay engaged with their communities.
Laurel-Beltsville Senior Activity Center(301) 206-3350The county’s Parks and Recreation Department runs this and five other senior centers throughout the region. Here, older adults can participate in games, crafts, and exercise classes. The Club 300 walking program takes seniors to trails throughout the county and the Senior Green Team focuses on local conservation. The Laurel-Beltsville center also has a computer lab, woodworking shop, ceramic studio and fitness center.
Prince George’s County Vet Center(301) 856-7173Veterans and their families can access financial aid for services such as healthcare and education through the local VA vet center. Service members can also get connected with individual counseling and support groups as part of a mental health initiative. This center also helps senior vets access VA financial benefits, such as disability compensation, pensions and Aid and Attendance benefits.
Maryland Legal Aid(301) 560-2101This nonprofit organization provides free legal representation and information to seniors, veterans and low-income adults. Staff is available to help with noncriminal cases related to healthcare, public benefits, fraud and consumer issues. The specialized Long-Term Care Assistance Project helps low-income seniors access quality long-term health services while the Joining Forces project runs a free hotline with direct assistance for veterans.
Prince George’s County Senior Transportation Services(301) 883-5656Seniors aged 60 and older and disabled adults can access curbside pickup and drop-off services through this county-run program. Transportation can be arranged for medical appointments, shopping trips and recreational activities, and the MetroAccess program provides door-to-door paratransit services at no cost.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Prince George’s County

Prince George’s County-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Prince George's County