Malta House

Reviews of Malta House

Assisted Living Reviews for Malta House

March 19, 2016

By Doctor Dave

MALTA HOUSE FOR SENIORS PART OF VICTORY HOUSING, INC. The best decision I ever made was to arrange admission for my elderly sister to Malta House in Hyattsville, Maryland. She was living in the family home in Takoma Park, MD and was no longer safe and competent to live alone. I told her that she “needed to retire”. She accepted that but with great anxiety. I spoke to her primary physician and she recommended Malta House. I was impressed as soon as I walked in. It was a great surprise that the supervisor, Sister Jean, was my previous patient and someone that I respected very much. The current supervisor, Elisabeth has taken the previous high standards up several notches. Her leadership style includes teaching the staff to achieve the highest level of caring, compassion, and respect for seniors and especially for the difficulties of life for those who are losing abilities that they previously had. At the same time, she leads by closing the loop of her demand of high ideals by knowing exactly what goes on at any time and that the ideals are realized. My sister was comfortable almost immediately after admission. Malta House emphasizes community, caring, compassion, cleanliness, and peace of mind so that social life and activity can be maximized. It is safe, spacious, and the food is fabulous since they have a previous chef for a cruise line company as the head of food services. Most of all, my sister has piece of mind for the rest of her life. The facilities are amazing that there is so much in a space that still is cozy and home like. They have a beauty salon, library, resident pantry, 2 sitting rooms, one with a fire place and the other with a large TV, a fitness program, book club, arts, music, transportation and shared space for parties and family visits. All is on one level and is accessible. When family visits they are invited to eat with their loved ones for a small fee. The studio apartments are also spacious, comfortable, with large window that looks out on gardens and a patio. There is 24/7 staff that live in the building and provide emergency care if needed. The residents wear a small comfortable alarm system so if they leave the premises, an alarm goes off to the staff. Doors are locked to get in but not to leave of course. There are religious services available. My sister and I were not raised Roman Catholic. We were Presbyterians. But, the feeling there is clearly acceptance and respect of our beliefs and people of any denomination can be very comfortable. Assisted Living is not cheap! The cost there is lower than many others and much is achieved for the money that is spent. It’s a good deal! My sister is happy there and considers Malta House to be her home.

March 10, 2016

By Cookie A

My mother and children were looking for a home after her husband and our father passed, and he was her caretaker. When look at ten places for our mother, and my mother was the one to make the decision were she would live. Some place were to large, some were not clean enough and some were to far from were our mother use to lived. My mother had dementia, but she knew what she wanted. We did not have appointment but one of the other facility recommended Malta House to us because it was not too large. We called and Elizabeth Orchard Director Malta House and she said that we can come to Malta House and for a visit. It was five of us asking question about Malta House. We had a tour of Malta House and were very impressed with the staff, the facility. We all look at each other and said this is the place for our mother.Malta House will always be in my heart because we felt as a family you can pay people to take care of your love one, but you can not pay someone to care and that is what we feel about Malta House. My mother receive excellent care. Trust me they always went beyond their duty for any request that was made from our family. I live in Los Angeles, CA and whenever I come home, I always go to Malta House because they took excellent care of our mother and she was happy there.

Photos of Malta House

Services and Amenities of Malta House

• State Licenses: Lic 16AL 397-I

About Malta House

Few decisions in life are as complex or emotional as those that involve senior housing or services. Whether you're discussing the issues with a loved one - or even evaluating your own needs - the good news is that Malta House is here to help.

It goes without saying that every senior is unique. So we offer a wide variety of comfortable communities in desirable neighborhoods close to families and recreational activities. Each is designed with its own features and amenities that reflect our knowledge and expertise in caring for seniors. It's simply a matter of finding the right community in the best location with the right programs and the appropriate level of support.

Support is our specialty - because Malta House is committed to helping seniors achieve their highest possible quality of life. So our conversation with each prospective resident and family member begins with a clear, honest understanding of the individual and his or her needs.

At Malta House, we encourage our residents to enjoy an independent lifestyle while we provide all the conveniences of home, from delicious home-made meals to housekeeping services. Therefore, our residents have more time to socialize, participate in recreational activities, or just read a favorite novel. Our residents also enjoy peace of mind, knowing that when supportive services are needed, our caring staff members are there to assist them at no additional charge.

Map of Malta House