85 Assisted Living Facilities near Chevy Chase, MD
Also serving communities of Kensington.
There are 85 Assisted Living Facilities in the Chevy Chase area, with 2 in Chevy Chase and 83 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Chevy Chase is $6,365 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Bethesda with an average starting cost of $4,969.
To help you with your search, browse the 330 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Chevy Chase. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Chevy Chase 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bethesda with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Chevy Chase find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Chevy Chase, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Chevy Chase, MD
83 Assisted Living Facilities near Chevy Chase, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Chevy Chase
Chevy Chase is a robust but friendly residential town that is close to the Friendship Heights shopping district. Aging adults looking for assisted living facilities can find two in Chevy Chase and another 142 to choose from in neighboring communities including North Bethesda, Olney and Arlington, VA. Assisted living facilities provide room and board and the opportunity for social engagement with other residents as well as personal care services that include assistance with medication management and activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Chevy Chase
- As a suburb sitting only a few minutes drive from Washington, D.C., Chevy Chase offers residents easy access to all the arts and culture offerings of the nation's capital. Many offer free admission, providing seniors with plenty of low-cost outing opportunities.
- Montgomery County, where Chevy Chase is located, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Chevy Chase experiences warm summers that can turn hot and humid, with some relief from intermittent thunderstorms. While winters are cold, they rarely become severe, and local snowfall averages 18 inches a year.
- The Chevy Chase area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Johns Hopkins Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Chevy Chase is a very expensive place to live, with a cost of living that runs 154 percent higher than the average cost of living in the United States, so it may not be an ideal choice for seniors on tight budgets.
- Chevy Chase residents can connect quickly to Washington, D.C., by the Washington Metro, and the town also has several Amtrak stations within a quick drive for connections up and down the Atlantic coast. Nearby Bethesda offers the Bethesda Circulator, a free bus system that allows users to hop on and hop off all over town.
Paying for Assisted Living in Chevy Chase
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Chevy Chase start around $6,365 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Chevy Chase and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Chevy Chase
Eligible seniors who need some financial assistance to pay for assisted living may be able to take advantage of government programs that include Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) and Program for All Inclusive Care of the Elderly (PACE), both of which are administered by Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Chevy Chase
Chevy Chase and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Chevy Chase, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Chevy Chase
Chevy Chase-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Chevy Chase
Review of Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase
I visited Five Star Premier Residences. I had a phone call from the chef who prepares the dining room food inviting me to come over anytime and talk to him about my nutritional needs, my special di... Read more
Review of Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase
I am writting this review to forwarn families do not bring your parents to this place its horrible! Nothing works, especially the elevators. These elderly. people are paying alot of money to get no... Read more
Review of Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights
The whole family is extremely pleased with the care that our mother is receiving at Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights. They do a great job, and they keep me informed very regularly of her heal... Read more