Sunrise of Springfield

6541 Franconia Road, Springfield, VA 22150
Sunrise of Springfield (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 178 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Springfield

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Springfield

November 20, 2017

By EH

Sunrise of Springfield was very nice and it was much more vibrant there. They had stuff going on and the residents seemed to be more involved in activities. They were a little better than the other place I visited.

June 01, 2017

By sheila157567

I would say Sunrise of Springfield was very favorable, very informative, and very welcoming. The place was definitely clean. I didn’t think it was overwhelmingly big, and the residents seemed to be very relaxed and enjoying the activities or the set up of wherever I saw them. I saw activities that were in progress as well as things that were being offered. They were getting ready to have festivities, so they were decorating and preparing. I got the general sense of how things functioned.

April 17, 2017

By Lee515233

The activities at Sunrise of Springfield are numerous, and the residents seem to participate in them pretty regularly; they are always doing stuff. My mother is there and has made lots of friends. It is fantastic. They have to cook for a lot of people, but the food is fine.

November 22, 2016

By Louis470838

We settled on Sunrise of Springfield, and Mom has been very happy and satisfied since her move there. The place is excellent, and the services are very good and of high quality. My mother’s room and the amenities are outstanding. We are very pleased. I haven’t eaten there, but I was able to look at their menu, and I can say from all account the food quality is very good. With their activities, they have them posted with the time and where they will be taking place. My mother has enjoyed several of the activities. She has gone out for lunch a couple of times. She has met friends for bingo and bowling.

September 18, 2016

By daughter of resident616415

The care was good and great at Sunrise. It’s been a wonderful experience so far. It’s great; I like it and the nice environment. They provide good assistance; the people are kind and sweet to the elderly

July 01, 2016

By Angela255356

I was very pleased with Sunrise of Springfield. It had the type of atmosphere that I was looking for. The staff was very friendly and caring. I was very satisfied with the rooms, which exceeded my expectations. They were very updated compared to other places I've seen. The grounds were well kept and kept everything updated and very pleasing. What caught my attention was the way it looked on the outside.

June 27, 2016

By Joanne540878

Sunrise of Springfield was really good, and the food was great. They do different programs with their residents. It's really nice. They had something that's similar to a gym with rehab. The apartments were nice, roomy, and spacious.

May 10, 2016

By KarenGZVRP

The staff from Sunrise of Springfield was very helpful. They introduced themselves to me. I felt the atmosphere was really good and positive. The rooms were the same type as in the other facility; I remember the rooms being fine. They provided me a list of all the activities going on at that facility. They have a lot of activities including trips away from the facility.

October 29, 2015

By Chris115302450

Sunrise was a nice facility. They have very limited parking, so it was very difficult to find a place to park when I went to visit because they were having an event. It’s located in an area that’s sort of isolated, away from most other parts of Springfield and near the old mall, so it’s not really conducive to any kind of comfortable outdoor arrangements. The only room that I saw was a small suite. It was very nice but did not have a homey feel. It’s very institutional and looked like there were lots of options for activities.

May 29, 2015

By Craig17

The person who accommodated me at Sunrise of Springfield was very friendly and very knowledgeable. The person presented the place in a very nice manner. I would be comfortable having my mom live there. The rooms were very good and were of good size. They also had lots of open areas for the residents to go to as well as outdoor facilities. They had activities like outside tours and shopping trips.

September 12, 2014

Sunrise of Springfield was very clean. The people were very friendly. I talked to several residents there at the time, and they seemed to love the place. There were a lot of activities that went on. They had a gentleman's club, which I thought was kind of nice. However, my friend ended up in the hospital, but I did like Sunrise a lot. If I had to pick a place, that would be it, and I think he would love it. Everything was beautiful at Sunrise. The dining area was very clean. Everybody looked like they were having a good time when I walked through it. I spent about an hour and a half talking to people that live there, and they were all very pleased with Sunrise. The little efficiency apartments were really nice. They weren't very small, so you have a good size room, and that was nice. They were very clean and not aged. Because Sunrise has been there for quite a few years, I was amazed at how well the rooms are kept up. I was also amazed at how nice and cooperative the staff was. During the initial interview before I viewed the premises, a lady from the dining room brought me a glass of iced tea, so it is just like living in a home. It portrays exactly what it supposed to be. They don't encourage you to stay in your room; they want you to come downstairs in the living area. There were a lot of people out and about. I noticed a lot of families were coming in and families were included, so that was very nice. It wasn't like going into a nursing home, and that was the one thing I like about it. It was like going into a home. You had your separate apartment, but the downstairs was a home.

February 28, 2014

By Janice29

The rooms at Sunrise of Springfield were very well done. The facility has a very nice layout.

February 24, 2014

By Lucy13

I was very pleased with Sunrise of Springfield when I visited the facility because they were willing to talk with me and showed me everything they had. They also led me through to make sure I was comfortable and understood what they were telling me. They were very nice and very knowledgeable. I was able to talk to the residents there and while talking to them, I really felt that they like the facility and they appreciated what the staff was doing. They were comfortable where they were. I toured three different rooms and I thought that they were relatively spacious compared to other places. The programs that are being offered to the residents were great. I like the layout of the facility and I like how the staff interacted with different people.

January 31, 2014

By Harold12

At Sunrise of Springfield, I was surprised at the interaction between the staff and the residents. It was all cordial and that indicated their in-depth knowledge and understanding of the residents. In terms of activities, they have the usual. They have bingo, group games, sing-alongs, etc.

December 12, 2013

By Gloria18

I would highly recommend Sunrise of Springfield. The facilities are nice and clean. It has a home-like atmosphere. The staff couldn’t be nicer. The food was very good. I was able to eat there once and I seem to enjoy it. They have a lot of activities and in fact they have something going on every day like bingo and Zumba. They also have plenty of TVs and they have a little room that you could work puzzles or play checked.

November 27, 2013

By Sandra37

We're very, very pleased with the staff at Sunrise of Springfield. My mother only had a complaint about one lady that worked at night; otherwise, everybody is very helpful and very attentive. My mother needs a lot of care because she doesn’t walk much and really needs assistance getting to and from the toilet. They have lots of activities for her to be involved in. She can choose one if she wants to and they encouraged her to be involved in activities and not stay in her room. She does eat all the meals down the dining room. Any problems that we had they've took care of it immediately. They now have a new cook and my mom has been complaining a little bit about the food, but they have a meeting once a month with the residents for complaints on how things are going and they are working on them getting addition staff in the kitchen. The only problem I have there is that it's very expensive.

July 05, 2012

By Mrtedtyler

Going to sunrise for the first time was a very rewarding experience. Growing up I've gone to an assisted living center to visit my great grandmother. I always thought it was great that older people had a place where they could maintain their freedom and still be taken care of. Sunrise was the same. The staff were very friendly and seemed to really have strong relationships with the tenants. We only got to see the big community room because that is where we spent time telling stories and listening ti them. As far as I'm concerned I believe that the facility was like an upscale hotel. It had a lot of rooms and a big area for activities and relaxation,

April 13, 2012

By Greenleeaj

I had only ever visited one other retirement community which was very nice. This had more of a hotel vibe but without the energy obviously. It was full service even for the people that didn't need must assistance. It was run along the same management and style of an all-inclusive resort except instead of a beach it was right next to a highway but offered all residents rides to the D.C. Metro which was close by as well as a mall. It's biggest draw back is that it is built in a less than desirable neighborhood and community but the facilities themselves are very nice.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Springfield