Potomac Place Assisted Living and Memory Care

Reviews of Potomac Place Assisted Living and Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Potomac Place Assisted Living and Memory Care

August 16, 2014

By Irina1

Potomac Place is independent living on the third floor, assisted living on the second floor, and full help on the first floor. The lady there invited me to some of the activities. They take you out on a bus. They go different places. They have movies right there, but for the people who can get out, they have church. They have a beauty shop. They have everything under one roof. She showed me a one-bedroom and a two-bedroom unit. I really like that place. I liked where it was located. I like the people. The director was just awesome. Awesome personality. We connected because she's a military wife and I'm a military retiree.

January 31, 2014

By Harold12

Potomac Place seemed to be well appointed and decorated. It would probably be my first choice. This facility is within half a mile from my own home. The staff was very well informed and genuinely concerned and caring. The dining room was very nice. Overall, I just didn't see anything lacking there at all.

June 14, 2013

By KSmith3066

The staff does a wonderful job. However, I don't think I'd like the idea of my elderly mother living amongst roaches. No amount of kindness makes up for subpar living conditions.

December 22, 2012

By 703girl

Very good facility. Employees are very nice to the guests and family that visit. My grandmother never complained in the two years she lived there

October 07, 2012

By favre4mvp

The tour of the facilities went very well. The staff was very welcoming to our group and appreciated our visit. They acted very professional and explained what a typical day is like for the residents and what they all have there for things to do, such as Bingo Night, shopping trips, arts and crafts, and daily exercises. The facilities were very clean and orderly. The residents really appreciated our visit and the girl's performance. They interacted with the dancers very well and some even got up and danced by their chairs! It was a lot of fun and great learning experience for the team. It was nice to give back to the community and we are planning to return for another visit in the future. My wife and I are also planning to become involved as volunteers in our community as a result of attending this facility and listening to the residents and staff. The staff worked very well with the residents and one thing that I noticed was the fine way that they communicated with them. They didn't treat them like children or talk down to them. They treated them with respect and explained things very clearly and slowly.

July 23, 2012

By jordanB

I visited with my church's youth group as a chaperone to interact with the elderly living in this facility and I found the entire building to be very clean and well-maintained. The staff were attentive and caring and I really felt good about our retired church members being cared for there.

June 20, 2012

By kristijrn

My mother has been a resident here for 2 years. The rooms are nice and most have decks that look out onto a wooded area. The place is always clean and bright. The dining room has glass windows that back to woods and is just gorgeous. They have many activities a day for the residents. The staff goes above and beyond to take care of the residents. My mother is treated with great respect and feels that the staff are her friends and family. I can not say enough about how great this place is.

Costs for Potomac Place Assisted Living and Memory Care

Payment options

• Check

• State Licenses: ALF 532841

About Potomac Place Assisted Living and Memory Care

Potomac Place is conveniently located off Interstate 95, but our campus is tucked away, just across from the Occoquan Woodbridge Lorton Volunteer Fire Department, on a scenic, wooded campus. From your own apartment to one of our many common areas, peaceful privacy is just around the corner.

If it’s fun, laughter, and socialization you crave, we have that, too. So whether you are enjoying a glass of lemonade on the front porch, meeting a friend for lunch in the dining room, or catching the mini-bus for a shopping trip, rest assured knowing that the team at Potomac Place is here to make life easier.

If you are interested in gardening, want to start a book club, or host a cookout for your friends, we can help make that or many other fun things possible. Our social calendar is busting at the seams. Join in a game of corn-hole, video game bowling, or get ready for a competitive card game of Poker or Bridge. The many concerts, dances, cultural excursions, educational programs, exercise classes, and worship services will give you plenty of opportunities to be entertained and engaged.

Wireless Internet

Potomac Place is pleased to offer complimentary wireless internet service throughout our senior living community, so it is easy to stay connected with your friends and family or to download the latest best-selling novel, or check the stock market report.

The Special Beauty Care Salon at Potomac Place

Everyone needs a bit of pampering sometimes, and you will find it at The Special Beauty Care Salon. Our professional stylist offers a variety of hair care and grooming services for both women and men. And since they are located here at Potomac Place, you don’t have to worry about transportation or getting caught in the rain before you show off that new hairstyle.

We offer the largest square footage apartments in the area, many with a private balcony or patio space, and all feature a full kitchen! Large windows allow residents to enjoy scenic views of the beautiful, wooded setting that surrounds our community as they watch the seasons change.

Other apartment highlights include large closets, an oversized bathroom, and individually controlled thermostats. All this, as well as all utilities (excluding phone), are included in the monthly rent.

With plenty of space for rest, relaxation, and family visits, you’ll feel right at home when you’re here.

Despite the large size of our apartments, our community feels cozy and comfortable. When you move to Potomac Place, you’ll find that anything you may need just steps away—from delicious meals in the dining room and social events in the living room to 24-hour nursing assistance and care.

We are proud to offer the most flexible, competitive pricing structure for assisted living in the area.

Map of Potomac Place Assisted Living and Memory Care