18 Assisted Living Facilities near Stafford, VA
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Stafford area, with 2 in Stafford and 16 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Stafford is $3,417 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 192 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Stafford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Stafford 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fredericksburg with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Stafford, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Stafford, VA
16 Assisted Living Facilities near Stafford, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Stafford
Stafford, Virginia, is home to Government Island, an old quarry site from where aquia sandstone was mined to build the U.S. Capitol and other historic buildings in Washington, D.C. Seniors can visit historic locations and enjoy annual festivals. There are also two Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) within the city, and 24 in the nearby areas. ALFs in Virginia are defined as residential facilities which care for four or more elderly or disabled adults and provide 24-hour supervision and support. These facilities provide dignified personal and health care services and are governed statewide by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Stafford
- The Stafford area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Stafford Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Violent crime in Stafford is rated at 59.4 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is much higher than the U.S. average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 64.6, which is also much higher than the U.S. average of 38.1. Seniors and their loved ones may not feel safe in this area.
- Seniors living in Stafford can enjoy warm summers with an average high of 88 degrees. With chilly winters that have an average low of 25 degrees and 12 inches of annual snowfall, seniors with limited mobility may have difficulties being active all year round.
- Seniors in Stafford have access to FRED (Fredericksburg Regional Transit) for shopping, entertainment and doctor’s appointments. Every bus is wheelchair accessible for seniors with limited mobility.
- Stafford has a wide variety of historic sites and festivals for seniors to see, including a year-round Farmer’s Market where they can buy handmade goods and locally grown food. History buffs can go visit the George Washington’s Ferry Farm in the nearby city of Fredricksburg, which has walking paths, a garden growing 18th century plants, and self-guided tours inside his childhood home.
- Seniors living in Stafford may find it difficult to build a savings due to the cost of living being 24.10 percent higher than the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Stafford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Stafford start around $3,417 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Stafford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Stafford
Low-income seniors living in Nevada are able to get financial aid to cover assisted living costs through the state’s Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver. In addition to Medicaid assistance, Nevada also offers the non-Medicaid Auxiliary Grant program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Stafford
Stafford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Stafford, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Stafford
Stafford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Stafford
Review of Commonwealth Senior Living at Stafford
Moved my elderly relative into Greenfield of Stafford (They have various ones in the area) at the beginning of JAN2019. When I initially looked at it, I went to it unannounced and received a tour,... Read more
Review of Commonwealth Senior Living at Stafford
I will be moving my mom out of this facility very soon. There has been so many changes and not for the better. My mom does not receive the care she once had from the staff here. When I bring com... Read more
Review of Marian Manor of Stafford
This place was charming! Very homey. The director clearly had every single residents best interest at the forefront. Everyone seemed very well taken care of. There didn't seem to be a lot of activi... Read more