24 Assisted Living Facilities near Sterling, VA
Also serving communities of Potomac Falls.
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sterling area, with 3 in Sterling and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sterling is $3,677 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 143 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sterling. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sterling 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Herndon with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Sterling find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sterling, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Sterling, VA
21 Assisted Living Facilities near Sterling, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sterling
Sterling started as a commercial center around the railroad but, over the years, has developed into a residential community of almost 28,000. Of these people, just under 10% are seniors aged 65 years or older, and the city has three assisted living facilities to help provide care. Another 20 can be found in nearby locations such as Reston and Fairfax.
In Virginia, assisted living facilities are referred to as either assisted living care or residential living care facilities. Assisted living care homes are equipped to provide a more involved level of care to residents. All assisted living facilities in the state fall under the responsibility of the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sterling
- Both sales tax and property tax in Virginia are lower than in many other areas across the country, which can help keep stretch retirement income. There's also a generous deduction for most forms of retirement income, and any funds from Social Security are exempt.
- Sterling is serviced by the Loudoun County Transit system, which includes busses equipped with bike racks and those in wheelchairs. Seniors can get a SmarTrip card for discounts on fares.
- The low crime rates in Sterling could be a big draw for seniors looking for a safe place to retire. The property crime rate is almost 30% lower than the national average, and violent crime is 48% lower.
- Sterling has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Loudoun County Senior Center at Cascades, an organization that provides opportunities for local seniors to get together to socialize and take advantage of the services and programs the center provides.
- Sterling has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Leesburg.
- Seniors in Sterling may need to be aware of some air quality concerns in the Loudoun County area. The American Lung Association gives the county an A rating for 24-hour particle pollution but only a C grade for ozone levels.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sterling
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Sterling start around $3,677 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sterling and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sterling
Seniors currently receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) are also eligible for the state's Auxiliary Grant program. It provides funds that can be put toward costs for personal care and maintenance and room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sterling
Sterling and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sterling, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sterling
Sterling-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Sterling, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sterling
Review of Atria Sterling
My mother moved into Atria Sterling, and it's great so far. The people there are fantastic, it's incredibly clean, well-kept, and well-decorated. There are a lot of social activities, the dining is... Read more
Review of Sunrise at Countryside
We chose Sunrise at Countryside for my brother because they have a short program that covers all levels of care. So for the next additional respite, you'd have to pay for the additional money for t... Read more
Review of Atria Sterling
We weren't impressed with Atria Sterling. It didn't appear very clean or well kept. It was a little high cost for what you get. Read more