9 Assisted Living Facilities near Leesburg, VA
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Leesburg area, with 4 in Leesburg and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Leesburg is $4,595 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Sterling with an average starting cost of $2,528.
To help you with your search, browse the 40 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Leesburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Leesburg 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ashburn with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Leesburg, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Leesburg, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Leesburg
Leesburg is a historical town located in Loudoun County, Virginia and known for attractions like the Ida Lee Park Recreation Center, Morven Park and The Marshall House Museum. The city also features a senior-friendly culture with Aging Programs and Services and is home to four local assisted living facilities and eight more in the area. The Loudoun City Area Agency on Aging (AAA) sponsors the recreations offered, while the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) regulates all assisted living communities to ensure each local senior is safe and living an active life.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Leesburg
- The cost of living in Leesburg ranks at a 154 which is much higher than the national average of 100 and the state median of 107. Seniors living on a fixed-income could have trouble managing the higher grocery, health care and transportation expenses.
- The town of Leesburg has lower violent crime rates by around 93 percent and property crimes by about 60 percent when compared to the national median.
- The air quality in Leesburg is comparable to the national average, which could cause slight problems for seniors with respiratory illnesses. However, seniors with allergies may suffer less often from symptoms with a pollution index that is 92 percent better than other U.S. cities.
- Winters in Leesburg are often mild, with temperature highs between 42 degrees Fahrenheit and 52 degrees Fahrenheit and lows between 26 degrees Fahrenheit and 35 degrees Fahrenheit. In combination with cooler summer temperatures that average between 65 degrees Fahrenheit and 80 degrees Fahrenheit, outdoor recreations are manageable.
- Leesburg offers residents transportation through several providers including the Loudoun County Transit, which provides seniors access to paratransit services, and Loudoun Volunteer Caregivers, which helps seniors travel to appointments and outings.
- The Leesburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Inova Loudoun Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Leesburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Leesburg start around $4,113 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Leesburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Leesburg
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Leesburg
Leesburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Leesburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Leesburg
Leesburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Leesburg, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Leesburg
Review of Morningside House of Leesburg
I cannot say enough good things about this facility. The staff cares about everyone of their residents and treats them like family. The staff is friendly, caring and knowledgeable. You can tell th... Read more
Review of Morningside House of Leesburg
Morningside House of Leesburg is in terrible shape. There were holes in the walls, rust, musty smells, and even the carpets. The nurse that runs the place seems to be very nice and very responsive,... Read more
Review of Spring Arbor Assisted Living and Memory Care of Leesburg
The whole place is filled with light, perhaps thats why the staff is smiling and friendly. There are beautiful walking paths and raised garden beds that the residents have planted. I was impressed ... Read more