Morningside House of Leesburg

Reviews of Morningside House of Leesburg

Assisted Living Reviews for Morningside House of Leesburg

February 14, 2020

By Ava strong

I cannot say enough good things about this facility. The staff cares about everyone of their residents and treats them like family. The staff is friendly, caring and knowledgeable. You can tell they love what they’re doing and they’re there to help. I would not hesitate to refer Morningside to a family member!

September 19, 2018

By She01

We visited Morningside of Leesburg, but they only have assisted living. They have an exercise room, and the equipment needed to work out. They have a library, and the public library comes in once or twice a month with large print books and also brings in requests, and whatever else you want. The staff is very nice and they always follow up with you and call back.

June 29, 2015

By Amanda16

My grandfather would be moving to Morningside of Leesburg. It seemed like a nice small community. The person who was there was very friendly. She was able to show us everything that we were interested in looking at. She answered the questions that I came with. The reason why my grandfather selected it actually was because as he required more care, it won't require him to relocate. They would allow you to stay in the same room and would give you which ever level of care you needed at that point. He felt they were adequate, but I thought they were slightly small. He was the one who would actually live there, so whatever he thought would count. My mom ate with him, and she said the food was more than adequate. The dining room felt like going to lunch at a nice restaurant. Most of them were out on a shopping trip at the time that I was there. I did see a whole lot in terms of activities, but the person who arranged the tour for us listed everything that they had set up for the residents. She gave us a monthly calendar, and it looked like there were quite a few options as well as a lot of day trips, which was good for him. I was impressed with how well they were thinking of their residents. They were familiar with their preferences, their interests, and everything. My only concern about the facility is that they did not seem to have quite as much in terms of security for Alzheimer's or memory care issues.

Questions about Morningside House of Leesburg

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Morningside House of Leesburg. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are very diverse and active with an average age of 82. Our chef delights our residents with tasty treats during our favorite- Happy Hour! They also love group games and the outside during good weather.

What programs or activities does Morningside House of Leesburg offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our residents benefit from a great daily exercise regime, spiritual studies and let's not forget the fun times with friends in our activity groups. Outside musical groups are also very well attended!

What places are near Morningside House of Leesburg or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our community is located in an easy walking distance to downtown Leesburg, with shopping, restaurants and parks. Plenty of easy to use sidewalks. we are situated right next to the W & OD trail- great for biking and walking- great people watching area!

What transportation services does Morningside House of Leesburg offer to assisted living residents?

1 doctor appointment transport included monthly. Our activity program also includes outside events from scenic drives to shopping and lunch outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Morningside House of Leesburg exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Homemade meals with a variety of local favorites.

What safety features or security measures does Morningside House of Leesburg offer to assisted living residents?

Pull cords are located in each resident apartment. Personal emergency alarm necklaces are also available if requested.

How does Morningside House of Leesburg keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Family emails are sent on a regular basis along with monthly newsletters, scheduled care plan meetings and we are always available!

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Morningside House of Leesburg during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staffing is based on resident needs. We also have a nurse in our community daily.

If Morningside House of Leesburg accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community with plenty of outside space!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We maintain a knowledgeable staff that exceeds state requirements.

What safety features or security measures does Morningside House of Leesburg provide to protect residents who wander?

Our community is not currently appropriate for individuals with exit seeking tendencies.

Photos of Morningside House of Leesburg

• Insurance
  • Check

• State Licenses: 1104922-L151

About Morningside House of Leesburg

Our Assisted Living lifestyle allows residents to continue living the healthy and active lifestyles they are used to with a little added assistance when they need it.

Services include:

• Individualized Service Plans for Residents ( included in the rent )
  • Weekly Housekeeping ( included in the rent )
  • Personal Laundry-weekly (included in the rent )
  • 24-Hour Emergency Response
  • 24-Hour Professional Staff Available, RN, LPN, CNA, RA (IIR)
  • On site Physician Visits Available
  • Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Available
  • All meals ( included in the rent as well )

You are welcome to keep your doctor if you have one that you love. But we do have doctors that come to our community as well. We DO ask that you use our mobile delivery Pharmacy as they do bubble wrap our resident’s meds. If you don’t wish to do use our most pharmacies will either bubble wrap your meds for a fee or send them out to a place that will bubble wrap.

At the moment, I do have availability. “Care” is considered additional and we would need to assess prospective Resident in person or over the phone to determine what the level of care would be.

Our leases are month to month, we just ask that you give us 30 days written notice if and when you are leaving. Meals, housekeeping and weekly laundry services are included in your monthly rent and is not considered a care level. Residents come to the Dining room to eat and socialize.

Our apartments have small kitchenettes with a fridge, sink, cupboards and room for a microwave. Our one-time community fee is $4,000. This is a building and maintenance fee.

Morningside is NOT: large, brand new, sterile atmosphere

Morningside is: just large enough to have enough residents to pick friends from, warm and homey atmosphere where everyone knows your name. We have long-time staff members who have become part of the family. And the best location for people-watching in town!

We have an Active Programming calendar run by Kristen Killian. She organizes everything from the outside entertainers that come in, to bingo, crafts, Thursday afternoon Happy Hours to arranging trips out on our bus.

Morningside’s team of managers run the community together. We have a Director of Dining,( kitchen and wait staff ), Wellness Director ( care staff and nursing ) , Programming Director, Business office manager, Director of Maintenance, Director of Sales and Marketing ( me ) and an Executive Director who is in charge of the lot of us!

Map of Morningside House of Leesburg