Sunrise at Countryside Sterling, VA

Reviews of Sunrise at Countryside

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise at Countryside

November 01, 2016

By Lee K.

My mother has moved to Sunrise at Countryside a month ago, and it’s a very charming small intimate facility with an extremely caring and friendly staff. The rooms were very nice, and you are allowed to bring your own furniture and pictures. It’s kept up very well. They have movies and exercise classes, and they have absolutely everything you can think of. Popcorn in the afternoons and cookies, and you can be very socialized, if you wish.

December 29, 2015

By RogerS

The people who work at Sunrise at Countryside are what make this place special. I feel like my Mom gets the best possible care and she likes being there much more than the previous facility she was in.

June 29, 2015

By Amanda16

The other one that we visited was Sunrise. It was definitely a newer facility. It was very nice, bright, and open. The staff who assisted us was excellent. She took a lot of time with my mother who had a lot of questions because she was not very familiar with how these kinds of facilities operated, and she did a lot of explaining for her. The rooms were very spacious. They were much larger than I was expecting. The independent living apartments in particular, you wouldn't even know you were in a senior living community until you looked around at the people around you. The dining area seemed very nice. It had a nice set up. It also had a lot of veranda sitting all around their dining area, which was nice. They had a reading room with papers. They had a really nice library set-up for the residents to utilize. They had afternoon social hour, and some of the residents were out for their afternoon trips. I liked a lot of the safety features. They put bars on their walls. They seemed to have a very good emergency call system in place around the apartments.

October 04, 2014

We know about Sunrise because it is very close to our house. We liked it because of the fact that it was very kind, very friendly. It is like an institution that feels very personal. The staff seemed very good, kind, and personable. The room is not spacious, but it is appropriate for her needs.

June 26, 2014

Sunrise is OK. But it's in dire need of upgrading. It's very expensive, and it's not worth it. That's really the bottom line. The caregivers are wonderful. They take very good care of my mom. I have no complaints. But the facility is in need of help, and it's extremely expensive. Everything is a la carte. It's ridiculous. The food is OK. It's not great, but it's not terrible. They need to improve the building. The windows don't close; they need new windows, and in some places new carpeting. The little kitchenette and kitchen are 22 or 24 years old, and they're pretty beat up at this point.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We take your comments very seriously and we will address with the team. If you are interested in sharing further details with us please email information@sunriseseniorliving.com with your contact information. Thanks again, The Sunrise Team.

December 13, 2013

I did not like the rooms in the assisted living of Sunrise at Countryside. They were just too small. The place is very clean. It had more of a hotel feeling in it. It was more upper scale. The staff seemed friendly. As far as activities, they seemed to have them to keep the residents busy.

December 13, 2013

By Mary75011450

The only reason that I thought that Sunrise was pretty good is just out of the convenience of it. It's a much smaller community but as Mom's needs change and the thought that she might need additional help, the assisted living would be easy for her to migrate to. She would be able to stay within that community. It's just a separate building so one building is independent and the other is assisted living. The transition would be fairly easy because she would already be in that general location. It's only like a couple of miles from where I live which is a huge plus. It is an older community though and that was kind of a negative. It's probably over 20 years old and it's been there ever since I moved here in the area. It was very well kept and it's a much smaller community. There are probably only 50 or so independent living residents and the dining room is much smaller. The apartment was a little smaller but her world's getting smaller, anyway. They have transportation, that's a plus. They also have some activities although I got a sense that it was like a homey atmosphere which is nice. There was a room where they do some calisthenics but there was no actual exercise equipment.

November 23, 2013

I thought Sunrise at Countryside was really nice. It was nice, clean and airy. The staff there was really nice and friendly. However, their residents were very different from the other facility in that they didn't seem to speak to you, and this facility was more of an institution, but everything else seemed to be great.

June 13, 2013

By Cindy23

I had visited Sunrise for my mom. Their facility was excellent. It was beautiful. The apartments that we looked at were very beautiful. They had nice amenities too. The staff were also very helpful and nice. I had tried to get her in there, but at that time, she refused to go.

May 31, 2012

By wim1

When you arrive, the grounds of the facility is maintained with trimmed shrubs, beautiful flowers, and a clean parking lot. Upon entering the facility, the staff would always greet us and the interior was well-kept with a spiral staircase to lead upstairs. Residents also had the option of using the elevator. Laundry services are provided and many activities to stay busy. Some of the activities included fitness, social activities such as playing board games, group trips and clubs of interest. The families are also encouraged to remain active participants in the emotional care of residential family members by being offered both educational classes and activities. The staff was very attentive to the residents by providing doctor visits, menu choices and providing spiritual activities. Sunrise Living Facility is a wonderful choice in the aspect that it provides assistance for its residents while still allowing them to maintain their freedom and independence.

Independent Living Reviews for Sunrise at Countryside

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Small Pets

About Sunrise at Countryside

For more than 35 years, Sunrise Senior Living has been committed to providing seniors the best possible support, rooted in the latest research, and theories of aging. We take a holistic approach to senior care, where everything we do has our residents' specific wants and needs at its core. From support and peace of mind to personalized programming, we focus on your individual wellness and well-being so you can live life exactly how you please.

At Sunrise at Countryside, championing quality of life for all seniors is our mission and is the responsibility of every Sunrise team member. Based on residents surveys, consumer insights, and industry metrics, national programs have recognized Sunrise's efforts and our commitment to quality care. Sunrise communities have earned more than 280 National Quality Awards - more than any other assisted living provider.

Map of Sunrise at Countryside