4 Assisted Living Facilities near Culpeper, VA

3 Assisted Living Facilities in Culpeper, VA

150x150%23

English Meadows Culpepper Campus

215 Southridge Parkway, Culpeper, VA 22701
"I admitted my mom to the Culpeper Amerisist 4 years ago and I am truly amazed at the staff. They treat the residents as if they were their own family! Ms. Kayla & Ms. Missy calls my son,..." More

150x150%23

The Culpeper

12425 Village Loop, Culpeper, VA 22701
"My relative is at Culpeper Baptist Home. It was fun at first, but they changed her mobility when she got sick, and I didn’t like that. Her room was good; it was cramped, but nice. She’s OK with the..." More

Our Fathers House Christian Home

15261 Jubilee Road, Culpeper, VA 22701
"Caring family run business. Very impressive staff. I feel completely comfortable with my parents living here. I know they will be taken care of. " More

1 Assisted Living Facility near Culpeper, VA

Jackson House Assisted Living

8 Jackson Lane, Boston, VA 22713
"My dad passed away after spending close to seven (7) years as a resident at Jackson House Assisted Living in Boston, VA. I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to the owners/management and..." More

What to Consider About Assisted Living in Culpeper

Culpeper is noted as one of the best places to retire in Culpeper County, Virginia. This small city is located approximately an hour and a half southwest from downtown Washington DC. The historic downtown area is filled with unique shops, restaurants and antique stores that provide the perfect outing for seniors in the area. Retiring in Culpeper is easy due to the eight assisted living facilities in the area, including three in downtown. Regulated by the Virginia Department of Social Services, these assisted living facilities provide help with grooming, medication administration, housekeeping and meals.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Culpeper

• The Culpeper area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Culpepper Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
    • Culpeper has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Goodwin House Foundation, an organization that provides jobs, training and benefits to area seniors, as well as one senior center.
    • Seniors in Culpeper have a 1 in 47 chance of becoming a victim of any type of crime. In comparison to other cities in Virginia, Culpeper has a crime rate that is 78 percent higher. This is a cause for concern for seniors.
    • The cost of living in Culpeper is 118.8, which is higher than the national average of 100 and higher than the state's average of 114. This may make it difficult for seniors on a budget to have money left over after groceries and other necessities.
    • Culpeper experiences hot and humid summers with highs in July around 88. This may be a problem for those with respiratory problems due to the heat. Lows in January are around 24, and the city gets about 20 inches of snow per year.

Paying for Assisted Living in Culpeper

$4,000.00 US
    $3,884.00 Fredericksburg
    $3,695.00 Orange
    $3,000.00 Luray

Assisted Living costs in Culpeper start around $4,447 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.

It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Culpeper and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Culpeper

Help is available for seniors who require daily nursing help in an assisted living facility in Culpeper through the state's Medicaid Waiver Program. The state also provides an Optional State Supplement (OSS) for low income, blind and disabled adults. Eligibility for the waiver is determined by the Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment and other additional forms of income.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.

Financial Assistance in Virginia Financial Assistance in Virginia

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
    • Life Insurance Policy
    • Long-Term Care Insurance
    • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Culpeper

Culpeper and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.

To see a list of free assisted living resources in Culpeper, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Culpeper

Culpeper-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.

Laws and Regulations in Virginia Laws and Regulations in Virginia