4 Assisted Living Facilities near Orange, VA
Also serving communities of Gordonsville, Louisa.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Orange area, with 3 in Orange and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Orange is $3,695 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Orange. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Orange 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Culpeper with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Orange, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Orange, VA
1 Assisted Living Facility near Orange, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Orange
Orange is a relatively small town located in Orange County, Virginia. The town is home to a little more than 5,000 residents, 18% of whom are aged 65 and older. Seniors in the area who require residential assisted living care can choose from three facilities in Orange, as well as one facility located nearby in Gordonsville.
In Orange and throughout Virginia, there two types of licensed facilities. Assisted living facilities provide residents with 24-hour supervision and care, while residential living care facilities provide care for seniors who require limited assistance and are able to care for themselves temporarily in the event of an emergency. All facilities in Virginia are regulated by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Orange
- The orange area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Seniors Helping Seniors program in Palmyra, which provides in-home companion services, as well as one senior center.
- Orange has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Culpeper.
- Seniors living in Orange can save on taxes, as the state of Virginia does not tax Social Security retirement benefits and allows deductions of up to $12,000 on all other types of retirement income.
- Seniors can rest assured knowing that crime rates in Orange are low when compared with other cities throughout Virginia. Residents have only a 1 in 711 chance of becoming the victim of a violent crime in the city and a 1 in 77 chance of becoming the victim of a property crime.
- The cost of living in Orange is a little less than in the average U.S. city, which may be a major benefit for seniors who have restricted budgets.
- Wintertime in Orange is milder than in the average U.S. city, which may be more comfortable for some seniors. The city has an average of 10 inches less snowfall per year, and an average January low that's a degree above the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Orange
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Orange start around $3,695 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Orange and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Orange
Some seniors living in Orange may be eligible to receive financial assistance with the cost of assisted living from Virginia's Auxiliary Grant.
For those who receive Supplemental Security Income, Virginia caps the cost that assisted living facilities are permitted to charge for room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Orange
Orange and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Orange, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Orange
Orange-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Orange
Review of Dogwood Village of Orange County Health and Rehab
Dogwood is extremely friendly, and clean. They didn’t have a stove, washer, or dryer inside the room. Other than that, the place is fabulous. Read more
Review of The President Madison Inn
I visited the President Madison Inn and it was terrible. It was more like an insane asylum. I wouldn't even send my dog there. It was dirty, old, and musty. People were just wandering around unkemp... Read more
Review of Dogwood Village of Orange County Health and Rehab
I visited the facility and noticed it was very nice. The structure of the facility was wonderful. There are three floors in the facility in which residents reside. The employees were very friend... Read more