The Colonnades Charlottesville, VA

Reviews of The Colonnades

Assisted Living Reviews for The Colonnades

January 12, 2015

By anonymous74630050

The Colonnades was a beautiful and lovely place. Everything was very nice, and everybody was very nice and friendly. It was not as huge as the other facility that I have visited, but they divided the apartments and the cabins. We had lunch there, and the food was excellent.

April 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Colonnades for about six months. It was a good facility. It was clean. The food was pretty good. We left because of the increased cost and we felt too young to live in a facility.

June 28, 2012

By seanbmc

The facility appeared to be in great condition. It appeared to be pretty new and clean with wide open spaces and lots of light. The grounds outside of the facility were very nice and kept up. The staff I dealt with were very courteous and helpful getting us in and moving us around to where we needed to be. The facilities welcomed us and set up an area for us to perform for the residents, who were excited to have us come in. After we performed we got to talk to many of the residents about music or whatever else they wanted to talk about. The staff also showed us around some of the different sections of the facility and some of the outside areas. I do believe many of the residents in this facility are from upper class from the surrounding areas. Since this was a special event where they seemed to be ready to welcome us and were ready, I did not see any negatives there.

May 29, 2012

By Clairek

My experiences with the Colonnades have been mostly positive. Interacting with the residents has allowed me to gain a realistic perspective of life at this facility. I can honestly say that I believe this is one of the best assisted living facilities in the Charlottesville area. The staff is always friendly and works very hard to ensure that their residents are well taken care of. On several occasions I have witnessed situations where staff member were busy and stressed but still maintained the level of respect and care that the residents deserve. The facilities can be described as elegant but welcoming. The maintinance crew does a wonderful job of keeping the grounds looking lush and beautiful. The inside of the building is well taken care of and pleasant as well. The abundant windows make the common area feel comfortable and welcoming. The few times that I have dined at the facility have been just "ok" although I would attribute that the dietary needs of the residents. Overall, I think the Colonnades is a wonderful assisted living community.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Colonnades

Photos of The Colonnades

Services and Amenities of The Colonnades

• Detached Homes

• Dining Extra: Modified Diet Program Only Applies To Assisted Living And Memory Care Residents, Reduced Fat, High Fiber

• Pool