The Colonnades Charlottesville, VA

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

2600 Barracks Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22901
The Colonnades (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 217 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of The Colonnades

Assisted Living Reviews for The Colonnades

October 28, 2015

The one I visited here was The Colonnades. They were extremely nice, and it was a very nice arrangement, except that I do not think my mom was ready to move everywhere. They offered a number of things in terms of coming up, and had dinner or lunch there a couple of time. They called me for follow-ups. They were not pressuring me in anyway. I thought the amenities at The Colonnades were ideal. The one-bedroom apartment was the ideal for my mother. I especially liked that they had physician on site, whom I actually knew. Having a physician on site would be fabulous. The Colonnades was well known here, and people knew it was a really good place.

August 27, 2015

By Gwen14

The Colonnades was not setup for people in wheelchairs. There were no automatically activated exits where the parking was. The only automatic access door was the front door. The swimming pool had high steps in and out, and I could not get out of the pool. I ended up having to have my husband and a worker pull me out of it. The rooms were fine. The activities were good.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

April 17, 2015

The Colonnades was very impressive. The rooms were adequate. The person who accommodated me was very helpful and very positive. Sanitation was very good. I would recommend it.

January 12, 2015

By anonymous74630050

The Colonnades was a beautiful and lovely place. Everything was very nice, and everybody was very nice and friendly. It was not as huge as the other facility that I have visited, but they divided the apartments and the cabins. We had lunch there, and the food was excellent.

April 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Colonnades for about six months. It was a good facility. It was clean. The food was pretty good. We left because of the increased cost and we felt too young to live in a facility.

June 28, 2012

By seanbmc

The facility appeared to be in great condition. It appeared to be pretty new and clean with wide open spaces and lots of light. The grounds outside of the facility were very nice and kept up. The staff I dealt with were very courteous and helpful getting us in and moving us around to where we needed to be. The facilities welcomed us and set up an area for us to perform for the residents, who were excited to have us come in. After we performed we got to talk to many of the residents about music or whatever else they wanted to talk about. The staff also showed us around some of the different sections of the facility and some of the outside areas. I do believe many of the residents in this facility are from upper class from the surrounding areas. Since this was a special event where they seemed to be ready to welcome us and were ready, I did not see any negatives there.

May 29, 2012

By Clairek

My experiences with the Colonnades have been mostly positive. Interacting with the residents has allowed me to gain a realistic perspective of life at this facility. I can honestly say that I believe this is one of the best assisted living facilities in the Charlottesville area. The staff is always friendly and works very hard to ensure that their residents are well taken care of. On several occasions I have witnessed situations where staff member were busy and stressed but still maintained the level of respect and care that the residents deserve. The facilities can be described as elegant but welcoming. The maintinance crew does a wonderful job of keeping the grounds looking lush and beautiful. The inside of the building is well taken care of and pleasant as well. The abundant windows make the common area feel comfortable and welcoming. The few times that I have dined at the facility have been just "ok" although I would attribute that the dietary needs of the residents. Overall, I think the Colonnades is a wonderful assisted living community.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Colonnades

October 05, 2018

By Carolyn

The Colonnades is beautiful, clean, and very nice. The lady who toured us was wonderful, very nice, knowledgeable, and answered our questions. They had a nice indoor pool. I loved the cottages. It was a nice visit.

May 10, 2016

By Champagne1

The Colonnades was gorgeous but cost over $5,000 a month, and I don’t have that kind of money. I saw a lot of people moving around as there were a lot of people catching up. The rooms were gorgeous and had a washer and dryer in the units. I did have lunch there, and it was very, very good. If I had unlimited funds, The Colonnades would be great.

July 03, 2012

By DB, Charlottesville

My mother has lived at the Colonnades, a senior living community, for nearly 7 years. I am continually impressed by the professionalism and compassionate care and concern of all the staff. The community's executive director, is very visible and participates in the weekly Wii bowling tournament with the residents. The new staff are given a book with photos and names of all residents so that within a few days of moving in every new resident is greeted by name. it truly is like a new extended family and I rest easy knowing that many good people are looking out for my mother. My mother is in independent living, but health care, nursing care, and a dementia unit are also part of the community. I highly recommend the Colonnades.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews