The Colonnades Charlottesville, VA

Reviews of The Colonnades

Assisted Living Reviews for The Colonnades

June 28, 2012

By seanbmc

The facility appeared to be in great condition. It appeared to be pretty new and clean with wide open spaces and lots of light. The grounds outside of the facility were very nice and kept up. The staff I dealt with were very courteous and helpful getting us in and moving us around to where we needed to be. The facilities welcomed us and set up an area for us to perform for the residents, who were excited to have us come in. After we performed we got to talk to many of the residents about music or whatever else they wanted to talk about. The staff also showed us around some of the different sections of the facility and some of the outside areas. I do believe many of the residents in this facility are from upper class from the surrounding areas. Since this was a special event where they seemed to be ready to welcome us and were ready, I did not see any negatives there.

May 29, 2012

By Clairek

My experiences with the Colonnades have been mostly positive. Interacting with the residents has allowed me to gain a realistic perspective of life at this facility. I can honestly say that I believe this is one of the best assisted living facilities in the Charlottesville area. The staff is always friendly and works very hard to ensure that their residents are well taken care of. On several occasions I have witnessed situations where staff member were busy and stressed but still maintained the level of respect and care that the residents deserve. The facilities can be described as elegant but welcoming. The maintinance crew does a wonderful job of keeping the grounds looking lush and beautiful. The inside of the building is well taken care of and pleasant as well. The abundant windows make the common area feel comfortable and welcoming. The few times that I have dined at the facility have been just "ok" although I would attribute that the dietary needs of the residents. Overall, I think the Colonnades is a wonderful assisted living community.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Colonnades

Photos of The Colonnades

Services and Amenities of The Colonnades

• Pool

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• Pets: All Pets

About The Colonnades

Located on 59 picturesque acres in the eastern foothills of Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains, The Colonnades is just minutes from the University of Virginia, Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, James Madison's Ashlawn, the 250-Bypass, Highway 64 and Route 29. Within close driving distance to Colonial Williamsburg, the Carolinas, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., we are also closely situated to the Historic Downtown Mall, Barracks Road Shopping Center, hospitals and medical centers and golf courses. We pride ourselves in our bright, airy and spacious cottages - each with a covered porch, a full kitchen, a garage and backyard with room for a private garden. We also offer our apartment residences in the main pavilion, where residents can meet and mingle in the restaurant-style dining room, cocktail lounge, living room, community rooms, craft center, library or heated swimming pool.

Sunrise Independent Living is for seniors who want to maintain their rich and rewarding life without the responsibilities of running a household. Here, you?re given independence and options. We offer a choice of apartment floor plans, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping services, exercise and wellness programs, and much more. It's ideal if you're an active senior who wants to focus on the things you enjoy most in life, but yet have assistance available should you need it.

Map of The Colonnades