19 Assisted Living Facilities near Waynesboro, VA
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Waynesboro area, with 5 in Waynesboro and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Waynesboro is $3,200 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 29 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waynesboro. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Waynesboro 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stuarts Draft with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waynesboro, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Waynesboro, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waynesboro
Waynesboro is located in the Shenandoah Valley at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia near the Shenandoah National Park, where visitors can enjoy hiking, stargazing, camping and interactive exhibits. The city has nearly 23,000 people, including a large senior community that makes up almost 20% of residents.
In spite of its relatively modest population size, Waynesboro has five assisted living facilities for seniors to choose from, and there are a dozen more in neighboring cities. Like all of these facilities in Virginia, they are licensed and regulated by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waynesboro
- Waynesboro has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Valley Program for Aging Services, an organization that provides case management services, recreational and social programs and transportation services for area seniors, as well as one senior center.
- The Waynesboro area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Fishersville.
- Waynesboro has a vibrant arts and culture scene. The local assisted living facility may provide day trips to local points of interest like the Shenandoah Valley Arts Center, which hosts several workshops and sponsors art shows throughout the year.
- Waynesboro's overall crime rate is higher than that of 77% of U.S. cities and 87% of cities in Virginia. However, when compared exclusively to similarly sized cities across the country, Waynesboro's crime rate is average. Even so, seniors may want to seek out assisted living facilities that offer security features like alarm systems and surveillance cameras.
- Summers in Waynesboro are warm and humid. The hottest month is July, with highs averaging around 86 degrees and muggy conditions over 60% of the time. Winters are chilly, with January highs in the mid-40s. The city's climate may be a consideration for seniors who enjoy participating in outdoor activities throughout the year.
- Seniors in Waynesboro do not pay state income tax on their Social Security benefits. While other forms of retirement income are taxed, there is a substantial deduction to minimize this expense. This may leave more money in the budget for local assisted living expenses.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waynesboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Waynesboro start around $3,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waynesboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waynesboro
Low-income seniors in Waynesboro, including those who receive the federal Supplemental Security Income benefit, may be eligible to receive Virginia's Auxiliary Grant, which helps pay assisted living or adult foster care fees.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waynesboro
Waynesboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waynesboro, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waynesboro
Waynesboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Waynesboro, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Waynesboro
Review of Oak Grove Manor
Oak Grove Manor was very good. It was set back from the road, so my mom wouldn't be able to run to it, but they wouldn't take her. The people were very kind. Even though they wouldn't take her, it ... Read more
Review of Waynesboro Manor
My husband was at Waynesboro Manor for awhile. Their environment was very good, and his room was very nice. I was very pleased with all of their staff. My experience there was very good until the l... Read more
Review of Summit Square
Summit Square is a lovely place. We have several friends that live there so we know quite a bit about it. We went and got some more information and we looked at the variety of accommodations that t... Read more