16 Assisted Living Facilities near Stuarts Draft, VA
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Stuarts Draft area, with 2 in Stuarts Draft and 14 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 39 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Stuarts Draft. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Stuarts Draft 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Stuarts Draft, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Stuarts Draft, VA
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Stuarts Draft, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Stuarts Draft
Stuarts Draft is located on the edge of the Shenandoah National Park in Augusta County. The population is just under 10,000, which has seen a 30% rise since 2010. Senior citizens over the age of 65 make up 17% of the population, which is slightly higher than the national average. Stuarts Draft stands as one of the oldest communities in the county and is home to a charming antique mall and grape farm.
Assisted living facilities (ALF) in Virginia are overseen by the state's Department of Social Services. Unlike traditional nursing homes, ALFs offer personal and health-related services to elderly residents seeking more independence. Stuarts Draft has two assisted living facilities located in the city and 13 other centers in nearby areas.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Stuarts Draft
- Stuarts Draft reaches 85 degrees during the summer, but it's generally cooler than surrounding towns. The city can experience significant snowfall during the winter months, which may interfere with mobility for aging residents.
- The cost of living in Stuarts Draft is similar to the national average, making it an attractive location for seniors with an average retirement income. Rent costs are relatively low for the area, while housing prices are slightly higher than the national average.
- The city has a comprehensive bus service, with assisted living facilities and healthcare centers featured on select routes. Seniors can take advantage of these routes without having to use multiple forms of transportation to attend medical appointments or return home after completing errands.
- Stuarts Draft's air and water quality are both higher than the national average, making it easier for seniors with breathing difficulties to enjoy the outdoors.
- Surrounded by national parks, the city is close to RV campgrounds and nature trails, which is ideal for seniors who enjoy the outdoors.
- The Valley Program for Aging Services (VPAS) oversees the Central Shenandoah Valley and provides personal and health-related services to local seniors, such as meals-on-wheels, recreational activities and transportation.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Stuarts Draft
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Stuarts Draft start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Stuarts Draft and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Stuarts Draft
Seniors in Stuarts Draft may receive assistance paying for assisted living from the state's Auxiliary Grant Program, which is run by the Department of Social Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Stuarts Draft
Stuarts Draft and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Stuarts Draft, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Stuarts Draft
Stuarts Draft-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Stuarts Draft, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Stuarts Draft
Review of Stuarts Draft Retirement Community and Christian Homes
My mother moved into Stuarts Drafts Retirement Community, it's very nice, and we liked it very much. The food is very good, and the staff is very nice, and attentive. They serve a dinner meal daily... Read more