7 Assisted Living Facilities near Bridgewater, VA
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bridgewater area, with 1 in Bridgewater and 6 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 45 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bridgewater. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bridgewater 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Harrisonburg with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bridgewater, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Bridgewater, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bridgewater
Bridgewater is a small Virginia town in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. This scenic area offers seniors picturesque views of the Blue Ridge mountains and has a population of only 6,062 people — 23 percent are seniors. To accommodate the senior population, there is one assisted living community in Bridgewater and five in surrounding areas like Elkton and Timberville. Assisted living facilities in Bridgewater and the rest of Virginia are regulated by the Virginia Department of Social Services. These facilities are categorized and licensed based on the level of care provided, which ranges from light to moderate.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bridgewater
- Bridgewater is one of the safest cities for seniors with a violent crime rate of only 18.7; in comparison, the national violent crime rate is 31.1. Property crime in Bridgewater is ranked 22.3, which is substantially lower than the U.S. average of 38.1.
- The bus service in the Bridgewater area is a convenient way for seniors to travel the town and its surrounding areas, such as Harrisonburg. It’s also cost-efficient because seniors 62 and older are eligible for half-price fares.
- Bridgewater has an air quality rating of 67, which is higher than the U.S. average of 58. This rating is based on data from the EPA’s National Air Toxics Assessment, which estimates the risk of cancer and respiratory illness by zip code.
- Social Security benefits aren’t taxed in Bridgewater or the rest of the state, making it a tax-friendly location for seniors. Sales taxes are low, and there’s a deduction available for pension and retirement income.
- Winters can be frigid in Bridgewater, with January lows of 22 degrees F. Bridgewater only ranks 42 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index, which is lower than the U.S. average of 54. There’s an average of 174 sunny days per year in Bridgewater; the U.S. average is 205 sunny days.
- Bridgewater has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Harrisonburg.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bridgewater
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Bridgewater start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bridgewater and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bridgewater
Seniors in Bridgewater with Medicaid may qualify for an assisted living waiver to help make paying for assisted living more affordable. Virginia also has an Auxiliary Grant program that may help Bridgewater seniors minimize their financial burden.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bridgewater
Bridgewater and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bridgewater, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bridgewater
Bridgewater-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Bridgewater, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bridgewater
Review of Bridgewater Home
We visited Bridgewater for my relative. Everything was fine. I liked it because it offered everything, like if you went into assisted living or needed more help. The staff was good. Their rooms wer... Read more
Review of Bridgewater Home
I was very impressed with them. The person that showed me around Bridgewater was very gracious. She was full of news and answered all my questions thoroughly. They showed me the apartment that I wo... Read more
Review of Bridgewater Home
My grandparents spent the last 6 years of their lives living in this community. I was absolutely a beautiful place filled with wonderful people (both staff and neighbors). I know it will be quite a... Read more