Journeys Crossing Assisted Living

Reviews of Journeys Crossing Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Journeys Crossing Assisted Living

August 01, 2013

By Gloria14

I chose Journey's Crossing for my mother and my aunt to stay in because when I went there and sat down with the administrator and she showed me the facility and I pick-up on the fact that they were what I was looking for. They were caring and accommodating. They offered me many things that other communities that I visited were not willing to work with. They always gave me discounts. Every time I told them about something, they told me they would bring it down to this and they would bring it down to that and finally, when we put them in, the price came down to less than what they originally had told me. It was in a small town and it's charming. The staff were very sweet with the elders. They were more like their daughters to them. The other things that I liked was that this home was more of like a Victorian home and it had it's charm and although it doesn't have bars, it had securities in it that any doors that opened an alarm goes off. They seemed to be a hotel in contrast to where they were before where there were bars and they felt like prisoners. They could walk around freely. She'd made friends there. It was more like family environment. I wasn't able to taste the food, but they seemed to like it, my mom doesn't leave anything on the plate. They had no complaints there. They actually had activities and couple of times we walked around there and they were playing bingo.

Costs for Journeys Crossing Assisted Living

Photos of Journeys Crossing Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Journeys Crossing Assisted Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Private & Semi Private Bedrooms

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Journeys Crossing Assisted Living

At Journeys Crossing, we believe in our residents maintaining their independence, the life they still love, yet knowing that our staff is always available to offer whatever support they may need…a smile, gentle touch, or assistance with life's occasional struggles.

Journeys Crossing is the ideal choice for seniors who need a helping hand with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, and medication reminders. Our residents enjoy spacious, furnished living accommodations, delicious meals, daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities and programs, as well as personalized services and care. At Journeys Crossing, every detail of daily life is approached with individual interests and desires in mind.

Primary Services:

• Three delicious meals served daily
  • Snacks available throughout the day
  • Home health and hospice care available
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Creative, social and spiritual activities and programs
  • Daily personal laundry
  • Social events for residents and families
  • Around the clock nursing staff
  • Emergency call system
  • Respite care

Personalized Services:

• Bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Continence management
  • On-call nurse 24 hours a day
  • Frequent well-bring checks
  • Beauty and barber services available

Amenities:

• Cable ready rooms
  • Choice of attractive private or semi-private accommodations, all with private bathrooms.
  • Variety of comfortable community areas including porches for seasonal enjoyment.
  • Nearby downtown area with restaurants, shops and quaint country charm.

Journeys Crossing is located at the majestic foot of Massanutten Peak in the heart of downtown Elkton, Virginia. Journeys Crossing offers supportive services, personalized assistance and compassionate care in an attentively designed, professionally managed, comfortable and secure setting.

Map of Journeys Crossing Assisted Living