6 Assisted Living Facilities near Luray, VA
Also serving communities of Edinburg, Woodstock.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Luray area, with 2 in Luray and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Luray is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Luray. Better rated regions include New Market with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Luray, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Luray, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Luray
Luray, a small town in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, is the county seat of Page County, which is home to an estimated 24,000 residents, 21% of whom are senior citizens. The city is home to the Luray Caverns, underground caves that feature unique rock formations. Seniors can take a guided walking tour of the caverns, which are easily accessible by way of a step-free entrance and paved walkways.
Luray is home to two assisted living facilities which provide 24-hour supervision and care to seniors who require round-the-clock assistance. In Luray and in all of Virginia, these facilities are regulated by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Luray
- The overall cost of living in Luray is 5% lower than in the average U.S. city thanks to low transportation and housing costs. Seniors on a tight budget might benefit from choosing an assisted living facility in the area.
- The air quality in Luray is rated 81, which is 23 points higher than the national average. This means that senior citizens can breathe the air in Luray without being worried that it may have negative effects on their health.
- It's either raining or snowing in Luray 119 days per year on average, which is almost a third of the year. While this may be a deterrent for seniors who enjoy sunny weather, it still provides the opportunity to spend plenty of time enjoying outdoor hobbies.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, violent crime in Luray is rated 10, which is 12.7 points better than in the average city in the U.S. Even with low crime rates, it's always wise for seniors and their loved ones to inquire about security when touring assisted living facilities.
- Luray has no public transportation system to help seniors get around. When attending appointments or running errands, seniors may have to rely on facility shuttles or family members to get them where they need to go.
- The Luray area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Page Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Luray
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Luray start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Luray and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Luray
Seniors living in Luray might be eligible for financial assistance under the state's Medicaid Auxiliary Grant, which helps those with low incomes cover the cost of services provided in assisted living facilities.
While there are no financial assistance programs to help pay for room and board costs, assisted living facilities in Virginia are limited when it comes to what they can charge when seniors are receiving Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Luray
Luray and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Luray, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Luray
Luray-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.